Chapter 35: Yelling

Hhh, End of the cliff hanger. . . Hopefully. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------

I followed Eric as he approached the main desk, Before he could ask a question though I grabbed his hand.

Fuck these stings are annoying, Gotta remember to find a way to stop this fuckery.

''Daire? What're ya doin'? Didn' ah tell ya to wait in tha' car?'' Eric asked, His voice still sounding annoyed.

I rolled my eyes again as I continued to drag him back towards Alaric's office, Purposefully ignoring the stinging tingles in my hand.

''Yeah, You did, But I'm not leaving you alone with him'' I called back absently, Navigating my way through the busy halls.

I heard a hum from the man behind me, Taking that as a sign he understood I continued to lead him towards the door.

Officers we passed seemed to understand we were on a mission, I guessed as much by the fact how most of them who didn't have a captive with them moved out of the way.

''We're here'' I grumbled as soon as we reached the door, As much as I wanted to barge in, Swears ready.

Eric was the one who wanted to start this fight, So I moved back slightly, Allowing him the joy of taking the lead.

He reached out and briefly ruffled my hair before grabbing onto the door handle and pushing the door open abruptly.

I watched as Alaric jumped slightly, Startled by the abrupt entrance.

''Did you guys change you min-'' Alaric started to ask smugly, A amused look briefly on his face before Eric interrupted him.

''Did ya fill in Daire's marks without his 'Mission?'' Eric demanded instantly, Moving to stand directly in front of Alaric's desk.

''I- What?'' Alaric responded, Clearly confused and thrown off by Eric's accent.

''Answer tha' question.'' Eric demanded again, Glaring at the taller man.

Alaric stumbled over his words for a moment before he noticed me out of the corner of his eye.

He narrowed his eyes before turning to me, A new and shorter target.

''What did you tell hi-'' Alaric started to snap at me before Eric cut him off.

The green eyed man quickly moved around the desk, Towering over the sitting bastard.

''No, Don't ya dare start botherin' Daire agin' '' Eric warned, Scowling down at the man.

''Eric, That is your name right?'' Alaric asked, His voice quiet and deceptively calm as he clasped his hands in his lap, Staring seemingly unfazed up at the clearly angry farm boy.

''Aye. Now answer my questi-'' Eric started to snap out, Seemingly starting to get even more annoyed.

''Eric, You can't believe everything Daire says'' Alaric said in a manipulative voice.

What the hell?

I opened my mouth, About to protest before Eric spoke up.

''How an' why tha' hell would he lie 'bout a soulmark?'' Eric demanded, Moving to lean over Alaric, His hands resting on the arm rests.

''I'd like to know that too'' I interjected before Alaric could respond.

Alaric shot me a warning look before Eric reached out, Grabbing onto Alaric's chin and turning the man's head back to him.

Oookay. . . That's unexpected. . .

''Anser', Meh question.'' Eric repeated yet again, His patience clearly running thin.

The taller man looked weary but he sighed anyways, ''Yeah, I filled in his mark'' Alaric admitted, Sounding reluctant.

Eric gritted his teeth before letting go of Alaric's jaw roughly shoving him slightly as he did so, Standing back up and moving over to me.

''Aye would ya wait outside fur a moment?'' Eric asked, Lightly resting his hand on my shoulder.

I was about to refuse before I noticed the weary and uncertain look on Alaric's face.

''Yeah sure'' I called back, Already out in the hallway, The door partly closed.

''Why does he have to leave?'' I heard Alaric ask with wavering forced calm.

Before I could hear Eric's response, The door shut, Sealing me out from the conversation.

I sat down outside in the hall, My back leaning against the door.

There was silence for a moment before I heard muffled yelling from the other side, The door managed to cover the voices enough that I couldn't make out the clearly angry words.

Hope that's not Eric getting chewed out in there. . .

I frowned at that thought, Holding my hand up tiredly, I stared at the small wire thin scars on my wrist as I thought through what had just crossed my mind.

Have I gone soft?

Sighing I ran my thumb over the pale lines scratching across my wrist, I reflected back on what's happened since I met him.

It's been a long past few days. . .

I paused, No longer tracing the barbed wire scars on my wrist as I noticed the yelling had stopped.

Getting up, I grabbed onto the door, Pushing it open to see a sight I can't say I didn't like.

Alaric was still at his desk, His head hidden in his hands, His whole posture tense.

Eric was standing directly in front of the man, The only thing keeping them apart was a simple desk.

I could see Eric's shoulders shaking slightly as he caught his breath, Clearly having been the one yelling.

''Daire? Ya ready ta' head home?'' Eric asked after a few seconds of catching his breath, His voice still slightly ragged from the yelling.

Glancing at Alaric, I saw that the man didn't even react to my entrance.

Well that's interesting. . .

As much as I wanted to bother the clearly stressed and drained man. . . I was tired.

''Course, C'mon, I'll lead the way'' I said, Grabbing onto Eric's hand and starting to pull the man out of the room even as the words were leaving my mouth.

I glanced back briefly as I shut the door behind me.

Alaric looked up from his desk and locked eyes with me for a moment, His tired eyes were reddened and shiny from unshed tears.

I ignored the basic sympathetic human reaction to seeing another person cry, The feeling of sympathy least of all sympathy for the bastard, Feeling foreign to me.

He deserves this. . .

 -------------------------------------------------

Alllright, Slightly late chapter, Any guesses how Alaric's going to treat Daire from now on?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen