Chapter 24: Fear

Annnd, Here we fucking go. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly came to, I didn't really want to open my eyes yet thought.

Whatever I was laying on was surprisingly warm and fairly comfortable much to my surprise.

. . .I'm supposed to be mad. . .But because of what. . .

I paused that line of thought as I heard the office door open, There was the sound of footsteps before stopping close to whatever I was laying on.

''Is he awake yet?'' Laszlo grumbled, His voice sounding clearly annoyed for some reason.

. . . I feel outraged and I don't know why. . .

I felt the warm thing I was laying on move before a arm gently encircled my waist.

''Laszlo. He stopped breathing for a while, Just be glad he's still alive'' Alaric chided sternly, His voice clipped.

Ooooh right. Those assholes.

The final piece clicked into place as to why I was angry, As it did I could feel the burning hot feeling of rage pooling in my heart as I continued to listen in on them.

''Well. . . He should still be awake by now, This didn't happen to either of us'' Laszlo grumbled, Sounding like a grown up version of a bratty kid.

''That's enough Laszlo.'' Alaric grumbled, He moved again, Slightly manhandling me so he was holding me bridal style, My head loosely resting on his chest.

I could faintly make out his heartbeat from how close I was, For some reason his heart was beating. . . Really quickly.

I heard and felt a sigh from Alaric as Laszlo's footsteps approached us.

''I'm just saying, Maybe if we had done this soone-'' Laszlo started to say only to be cut off by Alaric.

''Laszlo. It's questionable if even this was a right time to do this.'' Alaric scolded, His voice quiet and clipped.

Alaric moved then I heard a quiet squeak from Laszlo, ''U-Understood'' Laszlo stuttered meekly.

Alaric let out a quiet chuckle before he moved me around again, Pressing me closer to his chest.

''You look tired, How about you head home, I'll stay with Daire until he wakes up'' Alaric said calmly, His voice warm and velvety again.

Huh. . . I haven't heard that tone of voice from him in a long time. . .

The heat of hate was starting to cool off by now, Being replaced with the unsettling chill of apathy.

''You sure? You've been pretty tired lately. . .'' Laszlo muttered, A bit of worry showing in his voice.

I could feel Alaric sigh before moving yet again, leaning forwards this time.

I heard the sound of a kiss before Alaric settled back down in the chair, Both of his hands returning to holding me.

''I'll be fine, Go get some sleep honey'' Alaric said warmly, A note of fondness in his voice.

There was a sigh from Laszlo before he muttered a quiet 'Night', From the sound of his footsteps he must have then left the office.

After he was gone Alaric let out a sigh, His chair creaking slightly as he leaned back.

Just leave already so I can sneak out. . .

I felt a lock of my hair fall into my face as soon as Alaric moved.

I tried to tilt my head to get the hair out of my face, Much to my horror however I couldn't move.

Trying to open my mouth failed as well, I couldn't even open my eyes.

I started to hyperventilate as panic started to make my chest tighten.

I hated, Utterly despised being trapped in any way, Be it being tied up or paralyzed, It always made me panic.

''Hmm?'', Alaric reached out, Gently brushing my hair out of my face as he sat back up.

''Daire? Are you awake?'' He asked, His hand moving to turn my face slightly.

I could feel my body trembling with fear, The sound of rushing water starting to fill my ears.

''Daire?'' I could faintly make out Alaric calling my name again before my senses faded away.

My breath came out in panicked huffs as I ran, The sound of the snarling dog closing in behind me.

I foolishly glanced back, Trying to see how close it was to me.

The thing I saw would forever haunt my worst nightmares.

A dog the size of a small horse with no less muscles then a horse was chasing me, The moonlight catching on the yellow and red tinted foam dribbling from it's maw.

It's teeth looked almost like rows of jagged daggers coated in red.

I stumbled as my foot snagged on a rock, As soon as I hit the ground I was scrambling on hands and knees to try and get further away.

I felt a clawed paw slam into me before the nerve wrecking pain of teeth cutting thought skin and muscle made me scream.

I thrashed under the dog, My eyes wide in fear and pain as it pulled back only to keep biting me but this time on my side.

I kicked at the dog's face as my blood stained it's teeth and face red as sin.

With a kick to the face the dog jumped back, A snarl on it's face as the mix of my blood and the foam dripped onto the sidewalk below us.

I stumbled weakly to my feet, Trying my hardest to reach a building so I could get help.

Falling, My leg ended up getting caught in a storm drain.

As I tried to free myself I failed to notice the dog leisurely approaching me, It's shrunken pupils trained on me.

As I finally pulled my leg free (Minus some skin and blood) I felt the pain as the dog sunk it's teeth into my back.

As I tried to get free my limbs started to fail, I let out a strangled cry of horror as the blood loss started to take it's toll.

My vision started to blur as the dog ripped a chunk of flesh off my back, The pain was starting to dull now as the world around me blurred.

By this point I couldn't even twitch a finger, My chest and whole body ached with pain as I lay paralyzed under the crazed dog.

Just as I was about to give up my ears stung as the sound of a un going of echoed off the buildings around us.

I felt the weigh of the dog as it fell limply onto me, As soon as it landed on me it was dragged off.

My blurry vision was just able to make out the comforting face of my godfather standing over me, His narrowed eyes connecting with mine.

''Whoever let that dog out is gonna pay for this'' He hissed under his breath as he crouched down.

''Hang in there buddy'' He muttered, His gruff voice becoming fuzzy as the world blurred again.

I barely had time to notice the world swirling as he picked me up before I passed out. . .

---------------------------------------------------------

   So. . . Daire had gotten two fears during the dog attack all those years ago. . .Any guesses on what's gonna come of this?

Anyways! have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen