Chapter 87: Fluff and Fairs

:D Lil' fluff chapter?

------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sulking downstairs when Eric finally came to see me after I had stormed out, Annoyed that he didn't take my side on this argument.

''Hey there Daire'' He greeted, Clearly up to something based upon the tone of his voice.

I narrowed my eyes slightly, Turning my attention away from the book I was pretending to read and instead focused him.

''Yes?'' I questioned, Weary of why he was acting so suspicious all of a sudden.

''. . .Do ya like fairs by any chance?'' He asked slowly, A large, Lopsided grin forming on his face as he spoke.

I arched an eyebrow in response to that, Slowly setting my phone down.

''I wouldn't know, I've never gone to one before'' I admitted, Instantly regretting my answer when Eric's eyes widened in horror.

''Naw, Ya gotta be pullin' meh leg, You've never been to a fair before?'' He questioned, Disbelief in his tone.

I slowly turned so we were facing each other fully now.

''Eric, I live in the middle of the city, It's a rarity to see a healthy tree, Why do you think there'd be a fair anywhere near my needle filled home?'' I questioned, My annoyance having cooled.

It's hard to remain upset with him. . .

''Well that's that, Ah'm takin' you and 'Aszlo to the fair'' Eric stated, Making me groan as he got up suddenly, An excited grin on his face.

''Why must you take it upon yourself to introduce me to new and annoying things?'' I questioned, Getting up as well to follow him.

He just grinned back at me before turning back around, Just in time for both of us to see Laszlo come down the stairs, His hair still dripping wet from the shower.

''Eric's planning on dragging us to the fair'' I called out to Laszlo as soon as Eric was about to speak.

''Aye, It's fun, It ain't  going to be draggin' '' Eric said, A grin on his face, Showing he didn't take what I said personally.

Laszlo tilted his head slightly as he hesitantly approached us.

''Eric's right. . .That sounds pretty fun'' Laszlo said, Moving to stand beside the brown haired man.

I narrowed my eyes, Setting my hands on my hips.

''You aren't helping make yourself any more likeable'' I bit out, My voice lacking venom.

Eric had calmed me down enough that I wasn't feeling as bitter towards the taller man.

Laszlo just sighed, Rolling his eyes.

--- Time skip ---

The fair was just as unpleasant as I thought it'd be.

Some jackass had brought dogs with them, I didn't know who or where they were.

But every now and then I'd hear a bark in the distance and my heart would start racing.

We were still at the gate in front of the fair for fucks sake and I already wanted to go home.

Screw the ghosts and rabid dog back at Eric's place, This place was an entirely new hell.

I could hear loud music being blared out over shitty speakers, Cries and squeals of joy from kids of varying ages as well as screams and all sorts of noise.

Ah. . .I'mma get a headache. . .

We all paid for our tickets at the annoying ticket stand where an overly cheerful usher who was dressed up like a circus tent ring master was shouting full volume at people about what fun shit they could find inside the circus tent filled fair grounds.

Damn he's loud.

I stuck close to Eric and Laszlo, Sulking as we walked through the dead grass and leaf covered fair grounds.

The air was cold enough to make me shiver when the air blew in our direction, The overly sweet and greasy smells of the assorted food that was being cooked somewhere in this maze of brightly colored tents, Games and attractions.

''Do ya'll wanna go on the Ferris wheel?'' Eric asked eagerly, Nodding towards the large, Brightly lit up wheel that seemed to rest at the very back of the fair grounds.

''Wouldn't it make sense to ride on the calmest ride last?'' Laszlo pointed out, Having. . .A fair enough point.

Eric paused before glancing back at Laszlo and I.

''Ya'll aren't scared ta get on the roller coasters are ya?'' Eric questioned, A small grin on his face.

''Hell yeah'' Was the general consensus.

--- Time skip ---

 We had a mostly fun time, We rode on as many roller coasters as we could.

Most of them were fun, Laszlo ended up having to stop a fight between a bitchy woman and one of the ride operators, As well as having to escort two lost kids to one of the staff members, Other then that he seemed to have fun.

I had fun until I almost ran into the asshole who brought their dog to the fair.

Turns out the dogs were actually part of one of the shows and were traveling around the fair grounds, Showing off their tricks by jumping through hoops and dancing about on their hind legs for treats.

I was terrified and insisted we take a different route, One away from said little show.

The others were confused but agreed anyways.

We rode a few more rides before the sun started to set and Eric insisted we head over to the Ferris wheel.

Everyone was in agreement so we stopped by one of the venders, Got some of the overly sweet and or greasy food they had to offer before heading to the Ferris wheel.

We were able to get one of the cabs before a really long line formed of couples wanting to watch the sunset while cuddling with their significant others.

I was munching on some cotton candy as the Ferris wheel slowly whirred to lift, Soft music playing as we slowly rose higher and higher in the sky.

Feeling tired, Warm and safe, I leaned into the man beside me, Not caring which one it was as I watched the sun slowly staining the sky in brightly vivid and tropical shades of red, Orange and pink.

The fluffy distant clouds had their edges dyed with the vibrant colors as they floated lazily over the distant tree tops and endless fields.

Guess this is kinda nice. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------

 :) Just a little soft chapter. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen