Chapter 69: Surprise

Don't get any ideas based upon the chapter number. . .

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking around, I didn't see anything to use to push Laszlo off the ladder.

I can't kick him off. . .He could easily grab my leg and pull me off if I tried. . .

Looking down towards the ground, I considered jumping the rather long distance down.

With how cold I am, I might not even feel any pain. . .That is how it works right?

Reaching out, I was about to climb over the metal railing before a much warmer hand caught mine.

Spinning around, I hand to reach behind myself to hold onto the railing to stop me from slipping on the icy metal grating.

Glaring up at Laszlo, I tugged my arm free from his grip.

''How the hell did you climb up here so quickly.'' I demanded, Crossing my arms as I spoke.

Laszlo just arched at that before reaching out to place his hand on my arm again.

''You're freezing cold.'' Laszlo stated simply as I moved away from his touch as quickly as I could.

''You didn't answer my question. And fuck you.'' I snapped, Moving to the other side of the fire escape platform.

He was silent for a moment before sighing.

''My father had my brother and I spend time in military training courses. An icy ladder is not that hard to climb.'' He stated simply, Crossing his arms as he spoke.

''Well, Guess that explains the stick up your ass.'' I grumbled out, Kicking slightly at the ice coated railings as I continued to shiver slightly.

His response was just a grumbled sound.

Sneezing quietly, I grimaced slightly as I shivered again.

''Aww. You sneeze like a kitten'' Laszlo mocked, To which, I proceeded to flip him off.

Glaring down at the ground below, I scowled as another shiver shook through me.

''The fuck you even doing up here. Shouldn't you be sucking Alaric off or something?'' I demanded, My side turned towards him.

I could see his eyes narrowed out of the corner of my eye.

''I was going to offer to carry you down, However, I think you could use the time to mellow out'' Laszlo grumbled out as he walked back over towards the ladder.

''I rather freeze to death then let you touch me.'' I snapped back, My words clipped and short as I attempted to not let my teeth chatter.

Laszlo was quiet for a very long time before he sadly spoke again.

''You're really that cold?'' He demanded to which my answer was to flip him off yet again.

I heard the bastard sigh before he approached me.

Opening my mouth, I was about to cuss at him when his jacket hit me square in my face.

Tugging it down from my face, I glared at him as he started to climb down the ladder.

''I'm not helping you down. Use that so you don't freeze to death before your parents come and get you.'' Laszlo called up to me when he reached the ground.

I glared down at him, Briefly considering tossing his jacket down to the ground.

However, The teeth chattering chill that raced through me, Making me shake like a leaf, Caused me to reluctantly keep the jacket on me.

I glared as Laszlo left the alleyway, His jacket actually helping me warm up.

Staring up at the sky, I watched the grey mix of smog and clouds try and smother out the colorful rays of the setting sun.

I shivered again, Sneezing as my teeth continued to chatter.

Damn it, I'm gonna get sick at this rate. . .

Glancing down at the ground, I considered my options.

I could jump down to the glass and broken needle covered ice coated ground below, Or, I could stay up here and freeze to death.

Looking around, I considered actually using my phone to call for help, However. . .

I had no fucking clue where I was, This alley looked just the same as every other fucking alley way.

You know what, Fuck it, I rather at least try to survive instead of just rolling over and waiting to freeze.

Inhaling, I moved over to the ladder and slowly started to climb down the frozen thing.

I made it to the very bottom of the ladder, Still a far way off of the ground though.

Slowly, I inhaled, Closing my eyes as as I fought with my body as I tried to jump down from the ladder.

Come on, It's just a short six foot or so drop. . .Gotta stop being a pussy. . .

Opening my eyes slowly, I stared at my hands, Trying to let go of the ladder despite my body not responding out of fear.

Gritting my teeth, I closed my eyes tightly before yanking backwards on my hands, Dislodging them from the ladder and sending me plummeting towards the ice coated, Glass shard covered, Ground below.

Landing with a thud, I winced in pain, A squeak escaping me as the shards of glass and broken needles dug right past my shirt and into my skin with white hot pain.

There wasn't a doubt in my mind that I was going to get an infection from this, Who knows, I might even get blood poisoning, The broken glass and needles were most likely used for illegal drugs after all.

Wincing in pain, I slowly pushed myself up on one arm as glass crushed under my weight, The shards digging deeper into the cuts now littering my skin.

''F-Fuck'' I hissed out, My voice wobbly.

Looking over myself, I slowly and carefully, Pulled out the needles and large glass shards I could see sticking out of my skin as I sat up.

My half frozen body was stinging with pain as I very slowly got to my feet, My movements no doubt digging the remaining glass shards deeper into my wounds, But right now? I didn't give a damn.

I just wanna go home. . .

Stumbling out of the alleyway, I slowly limped down the sidewalk, Ignoring the stares directed my way, Opting instead to cover the larger wounds caused by the glass.

Maybe freezing to death would have been a better option. . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Eric time will happen next chapter, I promise

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen