Forty-Four

6 years later— July 6, 2040

Kairi
I can't believe that I'm engaged after breaking up with Ahmir I honestly thought that I wasn't going to find love again but after spending time healing myself. I found love again in Isaiah who I met 6 months after my breakup with Ahmir and things have been nothing but amazing.

"Babe Bella is here."

"Okay thank you."

"You're welcome I'm going out for a run you need anything," Isaiah asked.

"Not right now I'm good."

"Okay Bella is raiding the kitchen so she'll be up soon."

"Alright."

"See you when I come back."

"Okay."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

We kissed.

"Don't forget you gotta meet up with my dad and brothers at 1:00 for y'all suits."

"I know baby I'm not going to forget don't you forget that you have to go dress shopping today."

"Oh yeah I forgot."

"It's okay baby I get it you've been working a lot."

"I have and I'm so glad I have the next two days off."

"And you'll be spending that day getting pampered on my dime my card is on the dresser I love you again."

Isaiah kissed me and left out of the room he spoke to Kaia and walked out and she walked in eating chips.

"Hey sissy."

"Hey fatass."

"Damn right ass fat like the sun."

"Girl."

"It's the truth so what are we getting into today."

"Don't you got classes today?"

"Nope I didn't get any summer classes."

"Lemme shower and get ready then we're going to go get our nails and feet done."

"Can I pick out your outfit?"

"Yes that's all you can do and don't take anything else out of closet."

"Okay."

I made my way into the bathroom to take my shower and do my morning hygiene.

About 45 minutes later we made our way out of my room and down the steps heading towards Kaia car. We got in Kaia car I placed my seatbelt on and she drove off.

"So Bella how are you and Jalen?"

"We're good."

"How's school going?"

"It's going good."

"Is it I know college can be stressful Bella."

"I mean yeah it is but I passed all of finals which is good."

"Yeah it is have you chosen a major."

Kaia went undecided for her first year of college as far as her major goes because she was stuck between choosing two majors.

"I have and I've decided to go with nursing."

"LPN, CNA, or RN."

"RN."

"Okay that's good."

"Yeah it is."