Twenty-Nine

Hazel
I walked into the house I closed and locked the door I walked into the kitchen seeing Dave cooking. I walked further into the kitchen I sat my purse on the counter then I wrapped my arms around Dave's torso.

"You got it smelling good in here."

"That I do how was work," Dave spoke as he looked back and kissed me.

"Good I went with Ari to lunch."

"She told you about Des and Dj?"

"She did."

"I'm surprised they're still breathing."

"Right."

"Where the kids?"

"In their rooms."

"Okay I'm about to go change."

"Alright hold up I gotta ask you something."

"What is it baby?"

"You know about this homecoming dance that's happening in August?"

"Yeah I do."

"When was you going to tell me?"

"I wasn't going to because Kairi said she was telling you and from the way you're acting she told you already."

"Yeah she did I'm not ready for her to get asked out but I know it's coming my babygirl is growing up."

"That she is."

I kissed Dave once more then I made my way upstairs I walked into our room I took my heels off and placed them on the rack then I placed my purse on my purse rack. I changed into some lounge clothes then I walked out of the closet just as Kairi was walking in.

"Now that daddy knows about the homecoming dance I'm ready to go dress shopping."

"We can go tomorrow I won't go to the salon."

"Okay."

"Have you been asked yet?"

"No not yet but if I don't me and Dani already decided to go together."

"How was your daddy reaction when you told him?"

"He didn't talk the entire ride home from the school."

I shook my head.

"Kairi somebody is at the door for you," Dave said as he walked in.

Before she could respond Dave walked out we both walked out behind him and went downstairs. We walked through the foyer and over to the front door.

"Hey Ahmir."

"Hey Kairi."

"What are you doing here?"

Ahmir pulled some roses and sunflowers from behind his back.

"These are for you."