One.

Three months later— December 1, 2019

Hazel
I woke up to Dave snoring in my ear I rolled my eyes and tapped his shoulder and he didn't move.

"Dave."

Still no response I rolled my eyes once more and pushed Dave off of me.

"Why you pushed me Hazel?"

"Cause you was snoring in my damn ear again."

"Sorry babe."

"Mhmm."

I stood up and grabbed his shirt and slipped it on and made my way into the bathroom. I did my hygiene and walked out of the bathroom and Dave made his way into the bathroom. I walked out of our room and over to Kairi room I opened the door hearing the water running I walked in seeing Kairi getting ready to get in the tub.

"Good morning Kai."

"Good morning mama."

"I see you beat me to getting you up."

"Me big girl."

"Okay big girl make sure you wash behind your ears Ima go get Bella up."

"Okay."

I smiled and walked out of Kairi room and over into Kaia room. I turned on the light seeing her sleeping. I walked over to her crib.

"Good morning good morning good morning Bella Boo it's time to wake up Bella Boo," I sung.

Kaia shifted in her sleep.

"Good morning good morning good morning Bella Boo it's time to wake up Bella Boo," I sing once more.

Kaia eyes slowly opened she looked at me then she smiled and sat up.

"Hey my beautiful girl."

I picked Kaia up and walked into her bathroom and turned on the light. This how the way the mornings go in the Brewster household I get the girls up and ready while
Dave take a shower and get ready then once their ready they watch cartoons while Dave cook breakfast and I shower and get ready and we alternate days.

Business is going great I'm getting ready to open up Lyric House of Beauty in Miami in just a few weeks and then in a couple months I'm opening up another Lyric House of Beauty in Memphis. The goal is to have Lyric House of Beauty in all fifty states. My salon in Miami is fully staffed and they're already trained soon I'll be flying out to Memphis to do interviews, hire the staff, and train them.

"Babe what all you have to do in the next few weeks?"

I looked up from bathing Kaia and looked at Dave.

"We have the grand opening to attend to in Miami then I'm having a class again but this time in Orlando."

Dave nodded.

"Okay we have a date coming up I'll let you know when."

"Alright."

"Where's Kairi?"

"Here I am," Kairi spoke.

We both looked down seeing Kairi dressed.

"You dressed yourself too baby?"

"Yes ma'am me wanna help with Bella."

"Okay."

I handed Kairi the wash cloth and she started bathing Kaia.

"Ima finish go getting ready."

"Okay."

Dave walked out of the room and I listened to Kairi talk to Kaia. Marriage life so far have been blissful

Dave
I try my best to schedule date nights with Hazel every chance that I get. Marriage life is amazing I can honestly say that marrying Hazel three months ago was the best thing in my life. Hazel have been making moves with her businesses and I've been making moves in the music and acting industry. I finished getting ready and made my way downstairs I turned on the light in the living room and put on cartoons then I made my way into the kitchen I turned on the lights and walked over to the cabinet. Just as I was about to open the cabinet my phone pinged I looked down seeing a email. I unlocked my phone and went to the email and I read it.

"Babe did you just get an email about attending a Love Langauge seminar," Hazel asked as she walked in.

"Yeah I did."

"Are we going to attend the seminar?"

"Yeah."

I responded back to the email letting them know that me and Hazel will be in attendance. I continued to read the email even though me and Hazel haven't been married for a year but we can give advice to the ones who are in a relationship and are wanting to get married, we can also talk to the ones who are engaged.

"I'm about to shower and get ready for today."

"You gotta go to work?"

"Yeah I do."

"Okay I got the girls."

"Alright oh babe we have to go grocery shopping when I get off or tomorrow."

"Alright that's fine."

Hazel pecked my lips then walked out of the kitchen. I opened the bottom cabinets and got out the pots and pans then I made my way over to the refrigerator.

The apartment complex in Harlem is doing well I call in check in with the manager I hired as much as possible or me, Hazel and the kids will fly to Harlem and check in on everything there. Erica and the kids no longer stay in Harlem they've officially moved here to Georgia and they're doing pretty good. The doorbell rung I grabbed some paper towels and wiped my hands I threw them away and walked out of the kitchen. I peeked in on the girls and walked over to the door I looked out the peephole seeing Erica I unlocked the door.

"Good morning Dave."

"Good morning Erica."

"Is Hazel here?"

"She is she's in the shower come in."

I stepped aside and let her in I closed the door.

"Okay well can I talk to you?"

"Yeah."

"I met someone and he wants to take me on a date but I'm unsure about going."

"Because of your past?"

"Right and I'm really cautious of my heart but it's time for me to date again."

"I say go for it and just see how the first date goes."

Erica nodded.

"How you doing E?"

"Much better."

"That's good you're still seeing your therapist?"

"I am."

"Haven't missed any sessions?"

"No Dave I haven't missed any sessions."

"Okay me and Haze don't want you to revert back to depression."

"I won't I'm much better and stronger than before."

"That's good."

"I just came by to stop by and tell you and Hazel that I have a date I have to get to work tell Hazel I'll call her about how the date went."

"I will."

We said our goodbyes then I let Erica out I closed and locked the door then walked back into the kitchen I washed and dried my hands then got back started on breakfast.