Twenty

Marissa in m/m

1 month later—September 8, 2020

Hazel
The hospital called my phone telling me that I needed to come right away and I told the nurse that I'll tell Desmond. Now we're both on the way to the hospital together.

"Haze do you think that it's bad?"

"I hope not it's been a month and mama have made small progress."

"Right."

"We already lost daddy a month ago we don't need another lost."

"Forreal."

We had hopes that our mama would wake up in time for our dad funeral but she wasn't so we had to bury him without her. Our grandparents have been here since the funeral and they've been praying over my mama even my aunt showed her face and she didn't act crazy which surprised all of us.

"We're here," Desmond spoke.

We both let out a sigh and I took my seatbelt off Desmond got out I grabbed my purse and phone Desmond opened the door I thanked him and he pulled me into a hug.

"I have faith that everything is okay."

"Me too."

"Let's go inside."

We both walked inside of the hospital going over to the elevator I pressed the up button. The elevator doors opened we stepped on and I pressed the 3rd floor. The doors closed me I let out a breath and said a quick prayer. The elevator stopped on the third floor and we walked off going towards my mama room.

"Hello Desmond and Hazel."

"Hey nurse Sophie."

We walked over to our mama room we both looked at each other and walked in.

"Hey my big babies."

I sniffed as I held back tears as I walked further into the room.

"It's really you," I spoke.

"It is come here babygirl."

I walked over to my mama and sat down on the bed and grabbed her hand.

"You're woke," Desmond spoke.

"I am."

"I'll give y'all some privacy I'll be back later to check you Marissa."

"Thanks nurse Michelle."

Nurse Michelle nodded and walked out. I didn't waste no time with giving my mama a hug while I cried.

"You might as well join D."

Desmond joined in and we hugged for at least five minutes we all pulled away and wiped our eyes.

"You're what 6 months now Haze," my mama spoke.

"Yes ma'am."

"How's Ari?"

"She's good back home with Dj."

"Mama we have something to tell you," I spoke.

"I already know that Harold is gone I seen him."

"You did."

My mama nodded her head.

"I did and I didn't want to come back and I wasn't thinking about the both of you and my grandbabies I wanted to stay and be with y'all daddy but he talked to me and I realized what all I'll be leaving behind. It took me so long to come out of the coma was because I was spending as much time with y'all daddy."

Me and Desmond looked at each other.

"We all have to get used to Harold not being here anymore it's going to be adjustment but we will survive."

"Most definitely."

"The funeral y'all had for Harold was beautiful."

"You seen the funeral."

"We both did."

"We didn't know what to think when Haze got the call from the hospital."

"I'm not going anywhere I'm here until God tells me that it's my time and it's not my time yet."

"Right."

"Now catch me up on everything that happened within this past month."

It feels good to see my mama up with so much life then seeing her in a comatose state and lifeless. Now I can go back to enjoying the last few months of my pregnancy now that my mama is woke and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. After I give birth and my 6 weeks is up I'm going to go get my dad's birthdate and death date tatted on me so I can carry him with me everywhere I go.

Few hours later

Dave
I felt someone staring at me I opened my eyes seeing Hazel with a smile on her face Kairi is in school and Kaia is still sleep.

"Wassup baby."

"The visit to the hospital was good."

"Oh yeah."

Hazel nodded still smiling.

"How's mama Marissa doing?"

"Way better than before she's woke."

"That's great news."

"Yeah it is."

"Are you planning on going to work today?"

"Yeah I'll be leaving soon I have a few clients."

"Okay."

"Oh babe don't forget that the seminar is tomorrow."

"I didn't forget are we color coordinating," I spoke.

"Yes."

"Alright."

I checked the time seeing that it's a little after 9:30 and Kaia will be up soon.

"Bella still sleep?"

"Yeah but she'll be up soon."

"You need me to cook breakfast?"

"Nah baby you go ahead and go to work I'll probably order me and Kaia something to eat."

"Okay I love you."

"I love you more mama."

Hazel kissed me then she walked out of the room heading downstairs. I stood up and stretched I walked into the bathroom and handled what I needed. I washed and dried my hands and walked out of the bathroom and over to Kaia room. I opened the door seeing her standing up in the crib.

"Good morning Bella," I spoke.

"Dada."

I smiled and picked her up I felt her diaper then I laid her down and changed her. I then made my way downstairs.

"You want juice?"

"Juice?"

"Yeah."

Kaia nodded I walked into the kitchen seeing Hazel at the stove.

"Babe I told you to go to work."

"Not until my babies are fed I'm going to cook something cook then I'll be gone."

"Okay."

I grabbed Kaia sippy cup and handed it to her then I walked into the living room and sat her on the couch I surrounded her with pillows and turned the tv on I flipped until I came across Sesame Street I turned it up some and let Kaia watch it. I walked back into the kitchen I checked the refrigerator and pantry seeing that we're getting low on groceries so once me and Kaia are dressed for the day we're going grocery shopping.