Twenty-Two

Later that day

Hazel
Today have been a successful and busy day and Mackenzie handled her first day well and she's very respectful and have a good head on her shoulder. I'm going to take her under my wing and mold her into the best hairstylist here in Atlanta right behind myself and Ariel.

"Did Brittany give you your schedule?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay."

The door opened and Brian walked in.

"Hey Mrs. Haze."

"Hey Brian."

"Can you cut me up?"

"Brian we're closed you're going to have to come tomorrow after school."

"I got a tutoring session then Mrs. Haze."

"Then you better figure it out Brian."

Brian smacked his teeth.

"I can cut you," Mackenzie spoke.

"Damn who are you?"

"I'm Mackenzie I'm new."

"Wait are you licensed?"

"I wouldn't be working here if I wasn't."

Brian looked at me.

"Can Mackenzie give me a hair cut Mrs. Haze?"

"Yeah I'm going to go do inventory let me know if he gives you any trouble Mackenzie."

"Yes ma'am."

I looked at Brian once more then I made my way to the back to do inventory.

About 20 minutes later I made my way to the front seeing Brian gone and Mackenzie sweeping up.

"You ready to go?"

"Yes ma'am."

She emptied the dust pan and we grabbed our hair bags and walked out of the shop I locked my door and we made our way towards my car I popped my trunk and we placed our bags inside. I closed the trunk down and we got in my car once our seatbelts was on I drove off.

"Where are you staying Mackenzie?"

"The Hilton on Peachtree."

"Okay."

"So Haze how do you know Brian?"

"He lives at the Safe Haven my husband Dave own."

"Oh okay."

"Do have a way to work in the morning?"

"Yes ma'am I'll take an Uber."

"For now on I'll pick you up from work I don't want anything to happen to you if you take an Uber."

"Oh no Haze I can't allow you to do that for me."

"It doesn't matter I'm going to do it anyways I see the potential in you Mackenzie and I'm taking you under my wing."

She started crying and I rubbed her back I pulled up to the light and reached into my glove compartment and got some tissue and handed it to her.

"This means so much to me Haze I've been following you for years and I'm going to make you proud."

"I know that you will."

"Thank you so much Haze."

"Mackenzie stop thanking me I honestly see a little of myself in you so whatever you need I'll help you."