Thirty-Seven

Kaia in m/m

Kaia
I walked into my mama office she looked up from her laptop and at me with a smile.

"Hey Bella."

"Hey mama."

"What are you about to get into?"

"I'm about to order an Uber and head to to your salon and mall."

"No need to order an Uber Im about to head there myself so you can ride with me."

"Okay."

My mama stood up and grabbed her purse, phone and keys we both made our way down the hall.

"Bella you got mail."

Zylon handed me the envelope I opened it.

"What is it?"

"My hard copy of learners permit."

My mama nodded I walked into the kitchen to throw the paper and envelope away I then removed the paper copy and threw it away and placed my new copy in my wallet. I walked out of the kitchen and walked over to the door where my parents stood.

"Where you two going?"

"To the salon."

"You going to work?"

"Yes."

My daddy nodded then he kissed my mama. We then walked outside and walked over to her Mercedes and got in.

"Bella can I trust you to drive yourself to the mall and back to the house?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Make sure you're abiding by the driving law so you won't get stopped."

"Yes ma'am."

"Alright."

My mama drove down the driveway my phone dinged and it was my best friend Isis.

"Is that Isis?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Is she at the salon yet?"

"No she don't have a way."

"Tell her we'll be at her house in 20 minutes."

I nodded and told Isis what my mama said.

"She said thank you."

"It's not a problem."

Twenty minutes later we pulled up to Isis house she came outside she locked the door and then walked over to the car she got in hugging my neck and hugging my mama neck. My mama drove off once Isis was sitting back.

"Where's your mama Isis?"

Isis shrugged her shoulders.

"Somewhere in the streets."

"Do your dad know that she's on drugs now?"

"No I haven't had time to tell him he'll be home in 4 days for good."

"So he's finally retiring from the military?"

"Yes ma'am."

My mama nodded.

"Are you comfortable with staying alone?"

"Yeah I'm pretty much used to it now."

"How long have your mama been on drugs?"

"Since my dad got deployed for the last time 7 months ago."

My mama shook her head.

"Well our doors are always open if you want to come and stay with us until your dad returns home."