Sixteen

2 weeks later

Hazel
Today is the big day for Dave and Desmond's grand opening to their safe haven and I can't wait to see what they have done to the place. Dave walked in Kaia room I looked up from putting her shoes on.

"Hey babe."

"Uh hey."

"What's wrong?"

Before Dave answered me mama Faye came in and took Kaia from me I noticed that she was crying.

"What's wrong mama Faye?"

She smiled weakly and shook her head she walked out of the room closing the door behind her.

"Okay somebody better get to talking to me and I mean right now."

"Babe your father died."

I laughed.

"You're joking right."

Dave sighed.

"I wished that I was but I'm not."

"Nah you're pranking me where's D?"

"Downstairs."

I walked passed Dave and made my way downstairs I walked into the guest room where Desmond and Ariel was getting ready at since we're all riding together.

"D daddy isn't dead is he Dave is just joking right."

Desmond looked up at me.

"Nah sis pop is gone."

"How when?"

"Early this morning him and mama was on the way home from the airport when a truck driver hit them died was dead on site mama is in critical condition."

I felt my legs give out on me before I could hit the ground I felt arms around me and I knew it was Dave.

"Baby you're carrying our son calm down," Dave spoke in my ear.

I didn't say anything my vision was blurred by the tears.

After crying I finally calmed down.

"Was the driver on the phone or something?"

"Nah he fell asleep at the wheel he also died on the scene."

I only nodded and wiped my eyes.

"I'll have Malik to do the grand opening for us."

"Definitely not we didn't work this hard to not do our grand opening I know that we're grieving but I also know that pop wouldn't want us crying all day over him."

Dave nodded.

"Where's Ariel?"

Ariel came out of the bathroom in her robe.

"What are y'all doing in here?"

"Y'all go finish getting ready I'll tell her."

"Okay."

Me and Dave made our way upstairs to our room to get ready for tonight. I'm going to her the hospital number from Dave or mama Faye to call and check up on my mama then tomorrow I'm going up to the hospital.

"Babe are you matching me?"

"Yes."

"Alright go shower I got your outfit."

"Okay."

1 hour later

I walked out of the bathroom with my robe Dave motioned for me to come to him and I walked over to him.

"I put on lotion already baby."

"I know I'm going to put your oil on you."

I nodded and sat down there was a knock at the door and Desmond walked in.

"The hospital called me."

"Is mama okay?"

"She need a blood transfusion."

"We don't have the same blood type."

"I know."

"What are you saying?"

Desmond looked between me and Dave then he let out a sigh knowing that we won't be able to make it to the grand opening tonight.

Desmond
As much as I want to the grand opening tonight I can't family is first and being that me and my mama have the same blood type I have to give blood so she can have her transfusion.

"We're going to have to let Malik handle everything I have to get to the hospital to do the transfusion."

"Well I'm definitely going for support."

"Okay me and Ariel are about to drop the kids off to her mama."

"Alright we'll be ready by the time y'all get back."

"Okay."

I walked out of Dave and Hazel room and made my way down the stairs. I walked out of the front door I got in the driver side Ariel turned my face towards her and kissed me.

"You good baby?"

"Yeah I'm good."

"Okay."

Ariel kissed me again which caused the kids to say eww we both chuckled and shook our head I started up the truck and put the gear in drive and drove down the driveway.

Family is before everything.

The hardest thing me and Hazel is going to have to do is tell our mama that our pop, her husband, best friend and soul mate is no longer living when she come out of critical condition and I know it's going to hit her hard.

Me and Hazel is going to make sure that our mama is going to pull through because we already lost one parent and we don't want to lose another one.

Dave
Once I finished putting Hazel oil on her body I made my way down to my mama room to tell her what's going on while Hazel get ready. I knocked on her door and walked in seeing her watching T.O.T. S with Kaia and Kairi she looked over at me and I motioned for her to come here.

"What's going on Dave," she spoke once she was in front of me.

"We're not going to the grand opening tonight I called Malik and he's going to handle everything with the help of E we're going to the hospital so D can give blood for mama Marissa."

"Okay keep my posted."

"I will."

"Nana come on," Kairi called out.

"Let me get back."

I nodded my mama walked back over and sat back down between Kairi and Kaia they both laid their head on her I smiled then I walked out of the room closing the door behind me.

I made my way down to me and Hazel room not seeing her I walked downstairs going to the kitchen seeing her sitting on the table eating mangos.

"Lemme get one."

"Hell no."

I smacked my teeth.

"Why not?"

"Nope."

I stole a mango Hazel glared at me and I smiled at her.

"I love you."

Hazel rolled her eyes.

"I love you too."

I leaned in and kissed Hazel and she kissed me back deepening the kiss. I pulled away looking at Hazel.

"We got enough time for a quickie."

"Yep."

I helped Hazel down from the counter then we made our way upstairs to our room. Ion do quickies but we're on a time crunch so gotta give my baby a quickie.