Eight.

Hazel
After wiping away my tears with my kleenex I took a breath and got ready to continue my story.

"After getting into the room and getting my vitals checked the OB came in and did an ultrasound afterwards I was rushed into surgery to have an emergency c-section. Once surgery was done the OB came back and told me that I had once again lost the baby and that I had severe scarring on my uterus that I had to stay in the hospital a little longer because she had removed the scarring she also told me that I would never be able to have a child without miscarrying. She apologized and left out of the room I broke down crying and Ariel just hugged me as I cried at only the age of 20 I was told that I would never be able to carry a child full term without losing it because of the damage that was done to my uterus."

I paused and cleared my throat.

"Knowing that really hurt me because I knew that one day I would want to have a child but I knew that I would never be able to carry that child to full term. After getting released from the hospital and healing I put my focus back on myself forgot all about my ex Josh and moved on I re-enrolled into cosmetology school and picked up where I left off and I ended up getting my cosmetology license once I got my license I found a building and bought it and got started on my business. Now almost 6 years later my business is successful and I'm opening up my hair salon/beauty bar in two new locations I'm happily married and I did ended up giving birth to a beautiful baby girl."

"I'm here today as a living proof that if you're in a domestic relationship that you can get out and get your life back on track. I survived my domestic relationship and the rest of you can too. Thank you so much for coming out and listening to me tell my story."

I placed the microphone back on the stand and walked off of the stage. I made my way around the room to talk to each woman personally before some of my domestic relationship survivors speak and give their story.

Dave
I'm pissed off that Hazel went through all that she went through with Josh bitch ass she's way to beautiful to have went through what she went through. I wished she would've told me about the scars that she have on her body I seen them but I never asked her about them because I know that my baby would tell me when she's ready or she'll tell me along with everyone else at her seminar. My girls will never be with a nigga like Josh Ima make sure they know that their queens in the making and shall be treated as such and if any lil nigga treat my girls like they're not the queens that they will be they'll have to hear from me. Hazel walked over to me with a straight face I can see she's trying to read me and see how the way I'm feeling.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"I'm sorry for not telling you the complete story between me and Josh or not telling you about the scars."

"You don't have to apologize to me baby I knew you would tell me when you're completely ready or just tell me today I'm not mad at you baby I'm pissed that you went through that but you survived."

"I did survive and I'll girls will never go through what I went through."

"And Ima make sure that they won't."

"I love you Dave."

"I love you too Haze and that's never going to change."

Hazel smiled and walked closer to me I engulfed her into a hug then I kissed her. I'm proud of my baby for speaking her truth and letting other women know that she survived her situation they can too.

Ariel
After hearing Hazel tell her story over and me mentally seeing how broken my friend was hurt me to my core all over again because I was there through it all. I even tried to help her leave him the first time he put his hands on her and he forced her to have the abortion that she didn't want. Me and Hazel are sisters not biologically and not because I'm married to Desmond but we're sisters I've been by her side since we was in diapers we literally have done everything together. Hazel walked over to me and smiled and we hugged.