Twenty-Three

2 weeks later—September 23, 2020

Dave
I walked into the Safe Haven and went to the room that Brian is occupying I knocked on the door and opened it.

"Wassup Dave."

"Wassup Brian. How was school?"

"School was good."

"That's good."

"How was the hearing?"

"It was good."

"So what did the judge decide on?"

"Welcome to the family."

"Wait you're serious?"

"Yes she didn't waste anytime with approving you to be adopted by us you're officially a Brewster."

Brian jumped up and started dancing and I laughed.

"Wait so what does this mean now?"

"You're going to pack everything up and we're going to head home and get you settle into your new room."

"I already got everything packed I had a feeling that everything was going to go well."

I watched as Brian walked over to the corner and grab his bags.

"Is that it?"

"Yep."

"Alright let's roll."

We walked out of Brian room and down the hall he said his goodbyes to everyone then we walked over to my Range Rover and got in. We had a feeling that everything would go good and that by the next hearing we'll be adopting Brian but the judge didn't waste anytime with approving everything today so we already got his room ready.

Thirty five minutes later

We pulled up to the house and got out I unlocked the door and we made our way inside heading upstairs to Brian's room.

"So now that y'all are officially my parents can I call y'all mom and dad?"

"Yeah."

"Cool."

We walked into his room and Brian mouth dropped and looked back at me.

"This isn't the guest room that I've been sleeping in."

"That's because Hazel and I spent a lot of time getting your room together with everything that you like."

Brian nodded and looked around.

"You can unpack later right now we have to go."

"Go where?"

"To whatever dealership you want for you car."

"Whatever dealership I want?"

"Yeah."

"BMW."

"Alright."

Brain sat his bags down and we walked out of his room and made our way back down the stairs. We walked out of the house I turned and locked the door and unlocked my Range Rover doors.

BMW Dealership

I parked my Range Rover me and Brian got out I locked my truck doors. We walked inside of the dealership and Brian looked at me.

"Go ahead and look around and decide on what car you want."

"Okay."

Brian started to look around at all of the cars and SUVs that BMW have.