Thirty-Two

Hazel
I had just got finished with getting ready when there was a knock at my door and the door opened and Kairi walked in.

"Where's daddy?"

"He's gone already."

Kairi nodded.

"What time are you meeting up with your mom?"

"In an hour I'm about to start getting ready."

"Okay."

"You want breakfast?"

"Yeah I need to eat."

"Alright you want me to drop you off or your dad?"

"Can you?"

"Of course."

"Where you going?"

"To California me and your aunt Ari about to look at buildings to possibly open up a salon out there."

"Can I go?"

"Don't you have cheer camp today?"

"No ma'am."

"Yes you can go but go ahead and get ready cause you know how long you can take."

"Yes ma'am."

Kairi walked out of me and Dave room and I walked into our room and I grabbed my purse and walked out. I made my way downstairs heading towards the kitchen. I walked in the kitchen and turned the light on and sat my purse on the counter along with my phone. I went in the refrigerator.

"Baby what you doing?"

I turned and looked at Dave.

"About to cook breakfast."

"Oh okay."

Dave sneezed.

"Are you sick?"

"No I'm fine."

Dave sneezed again. I squinted my eyebrows I walked over to Dave and felt his forehead.

"Go upstairs and take a shower then get in the bed."

"I'm not sick."

"Dave your forehead and how the way you're looking says otherwise."

"Can I get a kiss?"

"Nope you're not about to get me sick I love you."

"No you don't cause if you love me you'll give me a kiss."

"Dave."

Dave had his lips poked out I sighed and rolled my eyes I kissed his forehead.

"The hell was that."

"A kiss on your forehead."

"I am not a child kiss me right woman."

"I'm not getting sick."

Dave smacked his teeth and turned to walk out of the kitchen while mumbling under his breath.

"What you said?"

"I love you," Dave called out.

I shook my head then I went in the cabinet and sprayed it down with Lysol I'm going to have to call the family doctor and see if she can make a house call cause Dave isn't going to want to go to her office and get seen about.

"Mama is daddy sick," Kairi asked as she walked into the room.

"He is."

"Good thing I dodged him cause I'm not trying to get sick."