Thirteen

Kaia in m/m

1 month later—April 19, 2020

Hazel
It's officially Kaia's first birthday and I don't think anyone is more excited than me 7 years ago I was told I wasn't able to have kids and here I am 7 years later gave birth to a beautiful little girl who's one today and have my attitude and facial expressions just like Dave. Kaia Minnie Mouse outfit didn't come in time so we had to go with one of her outfits that she has in the closet.

"Baby who's picking up the cake?"

"My mama is."

Dave nodded Kairi and Kaia are both outside in the bouncy house. Even though Kaia isn't going to remember her first birthday she will definitely have the memories from pictures and she has older cousins so I have to make sure that they have fun. I even got some people coming to do face painting.

"Sis I got the ice and sodas and juice."

"Thanks D you can go outside and place it in the cooler."

Desmond nodded and walked outside and Dave made his way back outside to handle the food on the grill.

"Baby girl what do you need me to do?"

"Umm you can go outside and give Dave a hand daddy the ladies got everything in the kitchen."

My dad nodded and made his way outside.

"Haze how you want me to cut up the sandwiches," Ariel asked.

"In squares."

Ariel nodded and started cutting the sandwiches.

"Haze can you turn the stove on for me."

"Yes ma'am."

I walked over to the stove and turned it on for my mama.

"Hazel do you have any more bowls for the rest of the chips?"

"Yes."

I walked over to the other side of the counter and gave mama Faye the bag of the rest of the bowls I had bought.

I washed and dried my hands then I made my way outside to check on my girls. Kairi and Kaia walked over to me I bent down to their level.

"Mama bounce house."

"You two having fun?"

"Yes."

"Kairi come get back in the bouncy house," Dani called out.

"Mama you come."

"Okay."

I picked Kaia up and kissed her cheek then I walked over to the bouncy house with Kairi. Kairi climbed back in and I placed Kaia on her feet I took my sandals off then I climbed in and helped Kaia climb in as well.

After about 10 minutes of jumping I started to feel nauseous so I climbed out and put my sandals back on.

"Mama you okay?"

"Yeah baby I'm fine go back to playing with your cousin."

Kairi nodded and went back inside of the bouncy house. Feeling the urge to vomit I rushed inside of the house closing the sliding door then I rushed upstairs.

Dave
I watched as Hazel rushed inside of the house already know what was going on I told Harold to take over for me. I made my way inside of the house closing the sliding door behind me and made my way upstairs to our room. I walked inside of the room going to the bathroom seeing Hazel gargling out her mouth with mouthwash.

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

"Need me to go get you a pregnancy test."

"No we can do it later it's about Kaia."

"But baby we need to know whether or not you're pregnant."

"I know baby but you can get a test after the party right now let's celebrate Kaia."

I looked at Hazel she know I'm not going to let this go.

"Okay fine but don't tell anyone anything."

"Alright any specific test?"

"Clear Blue."

I nodded I walked over to Hazel and wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I kissed Hazel then we walked out of the bathroom I walked over to the dresser and grabbed my keys to my Rolls Royce along with my wallet. We made our way back downstairs Hazel went into the kitchen and I made my way towards the door.

"Yo Dave where you going?"

"I'll be back gotta run to the store real quick."

"Need me to ride with you?"

"Nah D I'm good."

Desmond walked up to me.

"You going to the store to get Hazel a pregnancy test?"

"Nah."

Desmond looked at me.

"Bullshit I peeped game with my lil sis lately she's been tired and sleeping a lot and slowly her appetite is changing."

Damn.

"Yeah I'm going to go get her test."

"These two must've planned to get pregnant again."

"Why you say that?"

"Ari is pregnant probably just a few weeks she took a test the other day."

"Yeah they definitely planned to get pregnant again if Hazel is pregnant."

"Right."

"Pops got the food on lock?"

"Yeah my pops probably be making his way towards the grill."

"Alright."

We dapped then I made my way out of the door closing it behind me. I walked over to my Rolls and got in starting it up I let out a sigh. I placed my seatbelt on and put the gear in drive and drove down the driveway.

About five minutes later I pulled up to Walgreens I got out locking my car behind me and walked up to the store and walked inside grabbed a handheld basket and headed straight to the aisle. As soon as I got on the aisle I grabbed the digital tests that got two in the box but grabbed three more boxes just in case cause if they come back positive I know Hazel isn't going to believe the two tests she's going to have to have back up. I also grabbed a bottle of prenatal vitamins the gummy kind just in case.

I made my way over towards the snack aisle to get Hazel some snacks knowing that's what she's going to want some snacks.

After getting her snacks I then made my way towards the register to check out and head on. My phone dinged I looked down seeing that Hazel had asked for some Oreo cookies I walked away from the register heading towards the cookie aisle.