Seven.

Thursday

Hazel
Today I'm sharing with the world about my story on how I survived a domestic violence relationship and came out on top today I'm talking about everything that I went through with my ex and I mean everything I'm not leaving anything out. I stood up from my seat and walked to the front of the room I grabbed the microphone.

"Hello everyone and welcome to the domestic violence seminar I'm your host Hazel Brewster."

Everyone clapped.

"Today I want to share with you guys my story and how I got out of my relationship."

"I had just turned 18 when I met this guy his name was Josh at first I was a little skeptical because he was in the Marines but after a while of him basically treating me amazing I finally gave him a chance and the relationship was great he was amazing doing everything right up until 6 months into our relationship. He started drinking and being controlling I couldn't go anywhere without his approval at first I thought it was him looking out for me to protect me but I quickly learned that wasn't the case at all."

"Anytime I would get a text he'll grab my phone go through my phone and when he didn't find it that's when the name calling had started I was every degrading name that you can think of he called me that I wasn't like that at all. When he would get deployed he thought I was out cheating on him when really I was in class or studying I was basically a good girl I was saving myself for the right time or marriage honestly."

"Josh abused me verbally it wasn't never physically until after my 19th birthday. We had went out to a dinner but he ended up leaving early to go drink with some of his friends so I went to our home which was a loft showered and got ready for bed. Hours went by and Josh came in drunk as ever and was stumbling around everywhere when I woke up and helped him over to the bed he wanted to have sex with me and I turned him down. He didn't like that so he started asking me what guy was I having sexual relations with and I told him no one. He slapped me in my face and said bitch lie again because his sister told him that I was just randomly having sex with any guy with tears forming in my eyes I told him that I wasn't sleeping with no one and that I was a virgin waiting on the right moment or marriage."

I cleared my throat I saw a few women wiping their tears.

"Josh definitely didn't like that answer so he tried to force me to have sex with him when I didn't comply he started hitting me and I was too scared to hit back because he was bigger than me so I tried my best to blocks his hits I thought about grabbing something and knocking him out but I knew he would over power me. Then the hits stopped and I heard him unbuckle his pants and I cried and pleaded with him telling him to not do this to me. His response was shut up bitch before I break your jaw so I had no choice but to be quiet and he forced hisself on to me. After he finished and went to sleep I quickly got dressed and drove myself to the hospital bloody and beaten by the grace of God I made it there without harming anyone or myself. I told the nurse what happened and she took me to a room. After getting questioned by the doctor, taking pictures and doing a rape kit I pressed charges and Josh got arrested for raping me."

"Two months goes by and I knew something wasn't right with my body my period was late and my period has never been late so I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive Josh was in jail so I didn't have to worry about him little did I know his parents bailed him out and he came back home. Of course I avoided him for a few days until he came in and apologized to me I knew what he did to me wasn't love so after he apologized I told him I wasn't pregnant and he wasn't happy with that he took me to the clinic to get an abortion that's something that I told myself I would never do and he took me to the clinic don't get me wrong I fought with him on this decision told him that I was keeping my baby but he threatened to kill me so I didn't have a choice because if I die then my baby who was still forming was going to die so without a choice I got an abortion I cried as the doctor did the abortion."

"After the abortion was done I stopped eating I was too disgusted with myself to eat I also became depressed started losing weight and I stopped going to cosmetology school I was no longer myself and it showed Josh promised me that we'll have kids one day but I wasn't hearing. A few months after I turned 20 I found out I was pregnant again this time I promised to keep my pregnancy hidden from Josh so I decided to get my own place for me and my baby I basically planned everything out in my head. About four months went by and Josh was home again and I had just closed on my apartment and had all of my things moved out. When he came in I told him that I was leaving him for good and that I was pregnant and I was keeping my baby I don't know what went off in his head but Josh snapped he started beating me and I mean way worse than what he have done to me. I prayed that my baby wouldn't be hurt by all of the abuse. Once he stopped I called up my best friend Ariel and she rushed me to the emergency room because I was having pains in my stomach and I knew something wasn't right with the baby."

I paused and wiped my tears to this day me telling this story hurts.

Whew that was a lot.

What y'all think about Hazel finally opening up and telling the entire truth and not bits and pieces of what she told everyone close to her?

How y'all think Dave is going to react?

Do y'all think that Desmond guilt will began to set back in?

This chapter is only Hazel's POV next chapter I will be a lil longer y'all will get Dave, Desmond and Ariel point of view next and Hazel will continue on with her story.