"A man?!"

Kiaras pov:

Another day.....another shitty morning.

I was dreading going to school. Marcus and I had got into a fight yesterday after his game and I've been avoiding him since.

I put on a white crop top and a plaid pencil skirt with white slip-on vans. (picture above).

I got into my car and drove off to pick up Yasmine and moon since Yasmine's car is in the shop and Moon's parents took her keys.

"Hey girly, I heard about you and Marcus' big fight," Yasmine said as she and moon got in the car. "How do you know about that??" I ask. "Oh Marcus told Kyler and Kyler told Yasmine and brucks and brucks told me," Moon said. "He told you what it was about?!" "Sadly no but we heard it was big, "Yasmine said.

"What even was it about??" Moon asked. "Ididntwannadosomething" I mumbled. "What??" "Just tell us we won't tell" "fine. okay, we got in a fight because he wanted something from me and I wasn't in the mood".

"Was it sex?" Yasmine asked. "Kind of but I mean if I don't feel like doing stuff with him I'm not obligated to." "You are soooo right," moon said while nodding and sending me a sweet smile as we pulled into the parking lot.

We were walking down the halls when I spotted Marcus, Kyler, sam,brucks, and Tyler walking towards us. "Hey, guys," Sam said. Everyone stopped and looked at Marcus who was looking at me while I was looking at the ground.

"I gotta get something from my locker uh- ill catch up with you guys later," I said to my 'friends as I walked away.

I closed my locker to find a curly brown-haired boy standing right there staring at me.

"What could you possibly want Marcus??" "Look doll I'm sorry, okay" "sorry is not gonna cut it, Marcus. You got mad at me because I refused to suck you off" " well excuse me for being a man with needs-" "a man?! Marcus your not a man your a little fucking jerk of a boy! A man wouldn't ignore his girlfriend because she didn't feel like doing stuff" "Jesus Kiara you act like your a virgin." "You know what Marcus, I wish I still was," I said as I walked off.

Marcus was the kind of guy that I couldn't see myself spending forever with anymore. It was like after our first time together he stopped with all the love and affection and kindness, not that there was any there to start with.
I mean the first time we did it he just plowed into me like nothing and only thought of his pleasure and it's been that way ever since.

________________________________

I walked towards the locker room to change out of my pe clothes when I heard Yasmine talking to someone.

" honestly she's such a prude. He's her boyfriend and he has to put up with her bs, I mean the least the skank could do was suck him off" she scoffed and walked out. I walked into the empty locker room and put my clothes back on.

As I walk into the cafeteria and scan for a place to sit other than with Yasmine. I notice a certain table that consisted of 3 boys and decided to sit with them.

"Uhmmmm" "hey I'm Kiara, do you mind if I sit here?" "A-absolutely not," the black-haired boy said. I turned my head to my right to look at the boy in between me and Demetri. "Hey, your Eli right? I sit next to you in ap English." "Y-yea". "Hi, I'm Miguel" "yeah, I know, my dad teaches you karate" I laughed.

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face. I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity"

"It's the kid right there"

"Its lip"

People began to stare at Eli and he slowly began to pull his hand up to cover his lip. I felt terrible.

"But today our goal here is to make this school a safe space for all students" I began to drown out councilor Blatt as Miguel started talking.

"You know if your sick of getting bullied my karate dojos looking for recruits" it was sweet of Miguel to offer but my dad could be a little...okay a lot of a fucking jerk.

"Yeah right, you hear that Eli. A little karate training and your gonna kick some major ass" Demetri said sarcastically. That was somewhat rude of him to invalidate Eli's feelings like that, even if he doesn't agree with the whole karate thing as Eli's best friend he should still support him.

"I'm serious Demetri. My senseis the real deal, and I'm sure I could get you both discounts"

"As enticing as that sounds I think we would rather spend our afternoons playing crucible control than getting hit in the face." I just tuned them all out and looked to my right and spotted Marcus staring holes into me

"Oh, and one last thing, while we're all looking forward to the Halloween dance, let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive."

Lunch was dismissed and the first thing I did was drag Marcus to a janitor's closet.

"Jeez, doll if you wanted closet sex you could've just said that" he smirked as I scoffed.

"Listen Marcus I'm not your 'doll' all right?! And I just brought you in here to tell you were done."

I stormed out without letting him speak and walked around the halls only to find Eli sitting against some lockers. I stood next to him and slid down the lockers.

"Hey Eli, I'm sorry about that. You don't deserve to be treated the way you are. They're all just insecure pieces of shit who are going to have to live off their parents the rest of their lives." I comforted him.

"I-its not your fault but thanks" "look, Eli, you were my first friend and before you ask, yes, I remember that day sometimes I wish we would've stayed friends. Now we know nothing about each other. Also, I'm sorry for letting Kyler Yasmine and Marcus hurt you."
"He's your boyfriend and they're your friends. You had to side with them." " no Eli, I didn't, and for that, I'm deeply sorry, and he was my boyfriend, as in past tense."

"I'm sorry to hear about that." "Don't be sorry. He was a fucking asshole. I'm just so glad I'm done with him and Yasmine. Maybe I could finally ditch the ballet slippers and pom-poms and wear what I want." "Why would you wanna quit ballet? Your amazing" "thanks but I never wanted to do it my dad just didn't want me playing sports because he thinks only boys can, hell he doesn't even think a woman should join the military which pissed me off because I used to want to be a marine" we laughed together.

"S-so are you going to the dance tonight?" "I might but I don't have a costume, are you?" "I don't have a costume either, m-maybe we could go to the Halloween store after school i-if you want." "Sure Eli, I would love to go to spirit with you. I have a free period wanna go now?" "L-like ditch?" "I won't tell if you won't" I stood up and dusted off my skirt and reached a hand to him with a smile. He took my hand and started laughing as we ran through the school to the parking lot and drove off to the Halloween store.