Crown

Here lies the body of
Sid Weinberg
Beloved husband, father, and grandfather
1929-2019

I looked down at the grave under me and sighed, the dude kicked the bucket.
"Hey sid, how's hell? Kidding. I'm kinda....conflicted. You gave me your entire fortune but left some random ass note saying that I need to fix 'it' but I don't know what 'it' is. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for your fortune and ill spend it wisely, but can you just tell me what that note means? Is it about the karate thing? Is it johnny? Is it Shannon?!?! Please don't let it be her but if it is, I need to know what part of the crazy bitch I gotta fix!"

I looked up at the tree above me then back down to the grave.

"Just give me a sign old man. Anyways, shit has been rough recently, robbys got the apartment to himself ever since I moved into your house, and he's been acting strange, he hasn't joined the dojo, and everyone's counting on us to win the all valley, but what if that's not what I want? I started karate to support my dad's dream but all it's done for me is fuck me over, I mean, just a few weeks ago I lost the person I loved most because he chose a side that wasn't mine, and all though I want to forgive him, the moment I go after him I become a target for all 3 dojos. I don't know man, maybe a little guidance would help or something"

I looked at the time on my phone and realized I was almost late to practice.

"Shit! Kresse is gonna kill me! Sorry old
Man, gotta cut the visit short, see you soon!" I dusted off my jeans and ran to my car and drove off to the dojo in a hurry.

_________________________________________

I was holding the dummy while tory was hitting it. "Shit slow down, your gonna punch right through me!" She just glanced at me and went back to punching while I focused on the conversation going on behind me.

"Yo, I'm telling you man, when i get to ASU, honeys be lining up for this snack, know what i mean? Anyways my dad, he wants me to go to harvard,but ASUs like the Harvard of the west coast." Kyler kept talking about shit that wasn't related to practice but i didn't care.

"You guys are fucking pathetic, if youd handled your business we would've won. Kiara did most of the work for your asses!"
"Okay whatever. Hawk, he switched sides! That was her 'man' wasnt he? How do you know shes not gonna leave next?"

"Fuck off park, you don't know anything!" I threw the dummy and walked off to grab my water bottle but i could still hear them.

"Yeah, Miguel just got out of a wheel chair and he still kicked your ass!" "You know what? At least I'm still here. Half the squad quit."

"Can you guys just shut the fuck up already?! Im sick of you fucking pussys! Because thats what you are kyler! Pussys so stop talking about colleges your never gonna get into and do some fucking karate!!!" I screamed at him. I wasnt able to hold it in anymore.

I was done with cobra kai, but they weren't done with me."

"Whatever, arent you supposed to be the 'cobra queen'? Thats what I thought bitch, if anyones the loser here, its you! Stop acting all high and mighty cause you know damn well if we lose, YOU LOSE." I was trying so hard not to jump at him.

Breathe
Breathe
Breathe

Soon robby walked in, great, someone else i take the blame for.

"Well look who showed up." "That fool doesnt even practice but he gets to stay? I don't get it." "And what do you think your doing? Cause all i see you doing is bitching and complaining."

I followed robby to the back room to see him grabbing something, a bag?

"You're late robby" kreese said before i could say anything i stood behind the wall so they couldn't see me "im not here for practice." "Well if you wanna be at the top of cobra kai like your sister-" "i never said i was joining, i just needed a place to crash." "Well you can crash here as long as you want."

"Look this was a bad idea. I know cobra kai helped when i was getting jumped in juvie. But i am not gonna be a pawn in this bet you've made with my dad and mr. La Russo, its bad enough you've got my little Sister brain washed with this shit." That's exactly what anyone under 18 in these 3 dojos were, pawns.

"I don't think of you as a pawn, or Kiara. I think of you both as the king and queen, except i think your sisters starting to loose her crown, she doesn't seem to want it anymore, not like she used to. Your father had all the talent in the world, but he squandered it. I gave him every opportunity to come back, but he chose Diaz, and he left you with that mark on your head and your sister with a shattered heart.
Trust me, you've got even more talent than your father, and possibly more than your sister. You just need to show it to the world."

"After everything do you think i care about a stupid trophy? Do you think my sister cares? Shes lost everything the last year, i wouldn't blame her for backing down." I bit my lip to stop the tears that were gonna fall. I feel so tired. I just want my life back.

I wiped my eyes and walked out of the dojo and sat in my car.
I needed to see him, even from afar.

I pulled into his neighbors driveway and stared at his bedroom window in awe.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out discreetly and looked at it, It was a message, but i chose to ignore it.

                             Eli
Eli:
I see you, talk to me.
Eli:
Come on butterfly, my moms not home, come inside and talk, please? I miss you
Eli:
Im trying to change Kiara, I promise.
Eli:
I really need you right now.

I pulled out of the driveway and drove off... into his.