39.

"Is it really true? You are mated to Elliot?"

"Shut up."

"How is it going? Does his wife know that? Does Elliot know that Norah is that big guy's mate?"

"Shut up." It felt like she didn't hear what I said as Kally and Quinn continued their banter. They were discussing my life like it was an episode of KUWTK.

"Oh my god! It is so fuc..."

"SHUT THE HELL UP KALLY."

She looked at me with her wide choclate brown, shining in the moon light. Her brows frowned which immediately softened. She was pitying me which further angered me. Despite that I wasn't expecting myself to shout at her but I did any way. Luckily she did shut up, everyone was a little shocked at my outburst but they didn't comment on it. Kally and Quinn move forward to walk with Marcus as if nothing happened.

"Oliver?" I ignored Drew's shout. He started walking beside me, watching me with his unwavering eyes. Still I refused to look at him.

I didn't know what to say to him. I don't know why my insides were twisting in an unpleasant way. Okay, that was not true. I knew why my mind was so unfocused. Norah was back with her son. Although, I had this tiny hope that Elliot had started to feel the mate bond. I can feel it straightened but we are still not at that stage where I don't feel any uneasiness or fear.

Norah is still his wife. He is still married. Nick is still his son. He could choose them over me anytime, they could be happy like they were before. No matter what Elliot told me about his past, my mind refused to let go of that fear.

"Oliver, I know you are stressed but it is not the right time to think about those things. When we come back from there, I'll make sure to keep that woman off your man." He said while patting my back. Moments like these are what always made it clear that in the best friend department, I am the luckiest one. I can't even imagine being in his situation where I know what is waiting for me.

In my life, Drew is only person who is strong enough to face his demons with straight eyes. He has always been that way. He was strong when he found about Jake and Hunter, he was strong when he found about his parents were totally despised Jake and wanted him to reject this bond. He didn't complaint when his parents thought it was a great idea to move out of pack and live in different country.

He was always strong.

And listening to him right now, made my blood cold. Maybe I have a chance in life but him, not so sure. He doesn't even know what he could be waiting for him in the next territory but he is worried about me.

I feel so ashamed right now.

"Thanks, Drew." I choked out, hoping he didn't catch the sadness in my voice. But he is my best friend, he did noticed it. He gave a tight lipped smile and a side hug. We didn't talk after that, just followed behind everyone. I realized that words were not able to express how I felt at this moment. I was so grateful to have him in my life. I can depend on him and will be someone whom he can depend on.

When we were closed to the border, Marcus stood ahead of us, looking in the distance as if to make sure there is no one besides us here. Everyone stopped to listen what he have to say.

"We have just one shot is this. Try to be a little more careful.."

"How many times are you going to repeat this, Marcus?" Bethany asked.

"Just.. Don't die there." He managed to say. He was nervous and worried about us. He was staring at us like father who was about to send his children in the war.

Sensing his fear, we all encircled him and gave him a much needed hug. My eyes welled up at how much this hug meant to me and to all of us.

"James is sending some people here as a backup for us. They will wait here. If anything goes wrong, they are ordered to attack." Zara said as we slowly crossed the borderline. It was weird how no one came out of the nowhere to stop us. We inched our way to the BloodMoon pack, every move calculated as not to alert them.