17.

After leaving the office it was time for my pack duty means patrolling. I am just too exhaust to do something but this is my duty. It is 12:30 am and patrolling will last only for 3 hours and I could take some sleep before branch.

Guarding with wolves is difficult task. They always watch in their wolf form, they are fast and strong in it while I can't shift. In beginning some of them used to laugh at me but by the time we grow up I realized that I may be not able to change but better than them in many more ways.

I can hide properly, I can hold my breath not get caught, I am faster than half of the members in our pack even when they run as a wolf. And most importantly my strategies- our pack's patrolling strategy is my idea basically besides the part where unmated wolves have to patrol in the night. This what I usually do in pack meeting and this what made me a important member of our pack. Alpha trusts me with safety of pack.

Marcus has designed the area where we can watch the pack area. There four buildings one is for Alpha and Beta family. There are also some guest rooms. First floor of that building is normal how a first floor should be, second floor is where rooms are for Beta family and guest and third floor is for same as second floor and fourth floor is for gym. Alpha office is also on fourth floor. Other buildings are as some normal society buildings. Each floor has 5 to 6 flats and each building has 22 floors. In every building and on each floor there is one warrior family. Despite the fact that everyone in our pack knows how to fight, Alpha made sure that there is an constant protection for the members.

There is also an cottage type home for everyone and anyone. It can be used by anyone our pack if don't want to stay in the pack area since it's a bit far from here, covered with thick trees and a small river to the back side.

I was outside with some warriors and I saw Drew who was smiling at me which felt really good to see. He has been so depressed over Jake and Pearl that his smile seems like a reward.

"I see, your face is saying everything is going great with you guys." I teased him and his laughed a little.

"Can't say great but on the way. He is still a bit distant but something is better than nothing, right?"

"Yeah. I am happy for you, it was hard to see you like that, like so vulnerable." I am genuinely happy for him, his fight with Jake made me think how destroyed can be without your mate. We talked a little bit more and than went for different area of watch. By time we finished, I so tired that I can sleep on floor but I pushed myself and went upto my room, took a shower so that I don't have to worry about that in the morning.

Morning came with loud noises from outside, I wanted to shout at them to stop but couldn't. As I live on first floor in same building with Alpha and there is kitchen on the same area it made it worse because everyone is quite excited to have some new company with them.

After doing my morning routine, I checked the time, 10:49 am. I got to the kitchen and only two members were there for cleaning. I guess I am late for breakfast so I heated leftover and took my time with this cheesy heaven called lasgan. But.... there is always a but in my life, now this but is for these two people ,making my food time horrible. They are talking about how Mrs. Robinson is so lucky to have a husband like Mr. Robi... Elliot, like him. Obviously she is lucky as well as cunning. Like how good they look together with their son so called perfect family. Just because they are married and have a son which may be not his according to James, you shouldn't call them a perfect family. Nothing is perfect. Perfect is an illusion.

I ate my food as fast as I could because I couldn't stand with their chatter. I have training with young pups which thankfully and hopefully will keep my mind of them. I have to be busy if I want my heart to survive this torture. So I'll keep my distance, avoid them, make sure to keep our interaction minimum if necessary.