42.

Three days.

It has been three days since we have been living in this pack and as anyone can expect things are far from good. Drew is pushing everyone away and Hunter is blaming him for his lost. Hunter has completely gone mad, he is like a feral animal. He is angry all the time, trying to attack Drew and the worst part, Drew is not stopping him. It is so unsafe for him to live here so I have decided to leave. Jake's family has already did the last ritual so there is no reason to stay which why I am standing outside his room. I will tell him that we should return to our pack and see what happened when others went back that night.

"Drew?" I knocked the door lightly. From the erratic beat of his heart rate I knew he was not sleeping. He grumbled which I took as a sign to come in.

The room was very simple with white walls, one bed and two chair with a table. It was clear why Drew insisted to stay in this, he didn't want to spend any time more than necessary.

He was pacing in the room, his whole body was covered in sweat making his cream colour shirt to stick to his body and he was breathing abnormally. In these past days I had come to know about all the things his body was going through. It was his wolf's way of rejecting to live any longer. Even though Jake and Drew were mates, his death was not effecting him like it usually did. Not that I want it to be like that but Hunter is taking his death harder than him.

I am not sure if it is a good thing or bad thing. Nobody knows why his body reacting like it.

"You should lie down." I suggested but he ignored it as he had been doing lately.

"When are we leaving?" He asked instead.

"Maybe today. Marcus also wants leave before Lamnek returns. We should avoid him at any cost." He nodded his head solemnly. Silence stretched between, and uncomfortable silence. I had noticed how these kind of moments increased between us where we did not express our mind or heart.

And I don't like that.

A knock on the door sounded as Christina peeked from the door. She is an elderly lady who obviously is very fond of Drew. She always has this sweet small smile whenever she talk to him.

"How are feeling today, Drew?" She asked after taking a seat next to his bed. Drew gave a nod of knowledgement not bothering to even look in her direction. She started checking his vitals and noting them.

"Is everything okay?" I asked. I stood behind her to watch as she worked. Drew kept his gaze elsewhere not even glimpsing in her way.

"Yes and no. His wolf is getting weaker day by day. I am not really sure how much of that....that separation he can take. Good thing is that nothing is life threatening so he will be fine after sometime. All you have to do is give him some time." She told us. She Then she left us there.

"I am okay so stop looking at me like I am about to die."

"D.."

"No. Please Oliver. You know it would have and...and...just...I...I don't want to talk about it. As she said I am not dying."

"HEY!" I felt like crying, I wanted to cry. My nose was running despite my efforts to stay strong. I turned my head to control my ragged breaths.

"I am sorry. Oliver, look at me." His voice was soft as if he was talking to a child. He reached to grab my hand, I let him. I needed to feel his warmth so I could assure my brain he was here.

He stood from the bed and hugged me from behind. He rested his head on my shoulder, soon my shoulder was wet like my cheeks. We both weeped for our losses. He lost his mate maybe more and I was lossing my only friend and brother.