22.

I stood outside of room, conflicting if I should knock or not. I rushed here before thinking twice. Now my hands are shaking. Before I could change my mind I knocked...then knocked again, there was no sound. I can feel he is inside. I tried to open and realized it was unlock. I pushed open the door slowly.

He was sitting on the edge of his bed, shirt off. His pale skin was total on display. I knew it he wasn't any muscular guy but damn he is hot. His lean body was shinning by slow sunlight coming through the windows to the side. The reason why I came here totally forgotten as I watched him. How his chest rise and fall when he breaths in and out. How his hair are covering his face. How his hands are clenching that coffee stained shirt.

I moved and stood infornt of him, he still did not look up. So I knelt that was when I noticed how sour his expression was. His eyes were narrowed and red like he was about to cry. He was looking at shirt with some short of grief.

I knew it wasn't a good idea to say something which I might regrat, so I kept quite.

"Why are you here?" His voice came out low and cracky.

"I....I felt that I should be here..with you." I said looking at his hands. Is it okay if I took his hand in mine?

He didn't respond to that so I zipped my mouth shut. I gave him time to organize his thoughts. After 10 or 15 minutes he spoke.

"I was 21 when I first saw her. She was in my office, she wanted to hire the best bodyguards we had at that time. My agency wasn't that big time so I used to personally supervise each case. I also handled her case. I liked spending time with her, talking, laughing, making fun of each other. Slowly we got closer, after 4 or 5 months later I asked her out and just like that we started dating even when her contract was over, it didn't affect our relationship." He took deep breath and looked to the side out of the window. Morning sun was giving a soft glow to him. His beauty is breathtaking, I can stare at all day long. That I can do but sitting here, I can't listen his love story. No.

His sad face made hard to not pay any attention. With a heavy heart I sat there and gave him time. I wanted to know from the beginning about him and her but couldn't bring the topic. Now when he is telling me, I kinda uncomfortable.

"Everything was perfect. I imagined my whole life with her within that small time.." I winced. My mate was planning his whole life with someone else.

"My work requires my full time. Later when my agency grew big when we got new clients, I tried to spend more time with her but it wasn't working how it was supposed to be. I thought that's was the reason why she broke up with me. Our 2 year relationship was dying and I couldn't do anything to stop that. She did that all of a sudden, out of nowhere one day she came upto me and said we should end things here, it's better if we conectarte on our life-separately." His face became more hard with that. I didn't let my eyes waver for second. I don't know what to feel right now.

"First couple of months without her were torture. I wasn't able to focus on my work, I was all alone. I wanted to tell somebody but there was no one. Emily had just started dating James so I thought it was best to keep this thing from her. So after those miserable mothns I slowly went back to my routine. Things were getting back on track. Because of her I missed my only sister's wedding. I was so jealous of Emily to have James in her life that I didn't come for her wedding. I am so terrible brother..." I knew that he was crying so I took his hands in mine. His hands were cold, I thought he might shake my hands off but he didn't.

"On my 25th birthday party, she appeared. When I first saw her, I mind went crazy. If I wasn't attending some guest at that time I might have cried at the spot. I wanted to lash out at her so badly for leaving me, for making me so weak for her but with all that I was happy to see her again. But held that in me. Oh god I was such fool! We started meeting after that I came to know about her pregnancy. She was carrying. She didn't tell me about Nick's father, I didn't pester her. After spending so much time I realized I still have feelings for her. I was stupid I believed her when she said feels the same. Afeard  I would lose her again I asked her to live with me. And then Nick was born." His voice became shaky. He stopped talking.