43.

Standing outside my own home after everything that went down, I felt uneasy. My palms were sweating, my legs were shaking as I stood there. I didn't understand why my body was acting like this but it was. I was hyperaware of sensation around. I could feel every single heartbeat, every single human. Especially three.

Elliot, Norah and Nick.

That sinking feeling of them together made me uneasy. I thought it didn't matter if Elliot was married or not. He was my mate so as long as we had this bind between us, everything would be fine.

Now I am not so sure.

On top of it Drew and Hunter's conversation was running wild in my mind. I didn't interfere them because their talk was very private not that it stopped me from eavesdropping. For once Hunter was calm if cussing Drew's gut out was in that category. Hunter still blamed Drew for Jake's death and Drew didn't denied it which made me angry. I knew he beating himself over it and whatever I said or anyone else he would still blame him. This was not what I wanted him to feel.

How could he seriously believe that?

The whole 15 minutes ride here went in silence where I was debating to reassure him that nothing is his fault. My mind was buzzing with anxiety and Drew made it really hard to utter a single word. He looked out the window throughout the ride and Marcus was busy talking to Alpha over the phone to notice anything. He sent Drew to a room where someone could look after him as soon as we were under our territory.

So now I was standing at the back gate which would lead me inside and I was not quite sure if I want to enter. I knew I was overthinking it. I knew this yet my mind refused to cooperate.

"Are you just going to stand there?"

This unfamiliar voice stopped my train of thoughts. I turned to see a boy standing there. He looked like he was just twelve or thirteen. I looked at curiously as stared back with a soft smile.

"You?" I asked. His smile became shy as he swayed a little on his heels.

"I look really different now. But try to recognize me." He replied softly. There was mischief in his tone like he was sure I couldn't tell who he was. Although I didn't remember if I had ever met him still his scent was familiar.

"We have met before." He nodded even though it wasn't a question. He looked excited and nervous. Taking a moment I observed him. He is taller than any normal kid at this age, his body quite fit too and his eyes, they are like molten silver glinting in sunlight. There is not a single trace of baby fat onhis face, his features are sharp.

"So?"

"What?" I asked dumbly, "Who are you?" I asked again.

"Didn't you recognize my scent?" He frowned. A little offended.

However, I did. His scent is similar to someone I know which did not make sense. Every human being has a different scent just like their fingerprints.

"You are related to Norah." I offered and he smiled softly.

"Yes."

"And Nick?" He fidgeted a little hearing his name.

"I am Nick, Oliver."

What?

What!?

"You? You are Nick?" He nodded.

"I am."

"Ho....w?"

"Mom did it."

Mom as in Norah.