10.

I held Drew tightly as much as I can. He is sobbing mess which is very heartbreaking. I want to ask him what is wrong but seeing him like this, I can't gather my courage. But I have to know what happened so that I can help. When he calmed down a bit, he pulled away and wiped his face and nose with his shirt and stood up. I also did as and hugged him, rubbed his back.

"I am fine now. You should have some rest." He said while going to the training grounds.

"Drew talk to me tell me what is it about?"

"Oliver nothing will change even if I tell you. And.... Let's just forget it, okay?"

"No, not okay. What hell happened just in two days huh? and where is Jake? If you don't wanna tell me then I'll ask him." I turned and moved in the direction of pack house. Drew shouted to stop but I didn't. My best friend is hurting and not telling me what is going on but I have to do something.

He grabbed my arm and stood infront of me " Jake is not good right now and if you want to know what happened, follow me. And promise me no matter what you are not meeting Jake.... atleast not now." I gave him confused look which he ignored and told me to follow him. We headed to hospital. Yes, we have our own hospital and amazing doctors. Alpha seriously has some trust issues, he doesn't even allow any doctor of different pack to practice here.

In the hospital I followed Drew to the first floor. He lead me to hallway where he stopped outside of last room on the right side. He opened the room and let me enter first. Room is empty with no equipment not even any couch or chair. There is just a bed with a body....a dead body covered by classic white sheet. Drew went over to the bed sit on the edge of it. I approached him not sure what to do so I stand by his side.

"You should pull the cover." He said. I did and looked at the body then at Drew. He started sobbing again and I hugged him tight. That body is of a girl who found a couple of week ago in the woods. She is a rogue, all alone and injured not so seriously but at that time she was. Alpha agreed her to get treated in our pack hospital because she just 5 or 6 year old but didn't make her a part of our pack. We didn't know how she ended up in the woods since she was a mute.

"She was there." Drew before me asking anything.

"Where?"

"She was in the woods during the attack."

"But Marcus said no one died so she ?"

"Yeah. Doctor linked me during the meeting. I got out of the office as soon as possible but couldn't bring myself to come here. So I went to the training grounds. I thought...." He is crying again and I don't know what to say so I let him cry his heart out. After what seem like hours but only twenty minutes he stopped and wiped his tears and nose with his shirt. Then he walked up to her and creased her cheek lightly.

"If it's okay I can wait outside." I feel like it is something private but he shake his head and I also sit beside her.

"I want to talk about this."

"You don't have to. We can talk later whe...."

"No Oliver I think I should." I took deep breath and looked at her with a fond expression.

"When we found Pearl in woods, I felt a connection. I didn't know what was it but that connection was so strong that I wanted to spend time with her. When Alpha let her stay I was so happy. She was injured and scared but she opened up to me. During her stay in the hospital I visited her whenever I can, we played together." He smiled remembering those memories.

"Jake used to spent time here in this hospital with her. All three of us had our best time. I can tell Jake loved her more than me.After some time I started thinking of her as my own daughter so talked to Alpha about adopting her which he agreed surprisingly. We were so happy Oliver, Jake was so happy. He always wanted a family, a home where could live without worry about the world. Jake always blamed himself that he can't give me child, he wished to be girl but he is perfect for me and Pearl completed our little family." Then his face tensed I knew it it was about her death but I controlled myself, he need this.

"When came back dropping you on the airport, I went for patrolling and then that attack happened. They surrounded us in such less time that we couldn't prepare ourselves. Since we have one of the best warriors in the world, we were winning against them. We wanted to contact you but I guess you were already in the flight so we had choice but to fight without James and you guys. When we thought we had won.........." He stopped and I gave him a concerned look and saying that he can stop if it is too much for him but wiped his tears and said he should let it all out and I am the only one whom he can talk.

"Out of nowhere one wolf pinned Pearl down. He bit her arms and she screamed so loud that Jake ran to her without thinking. That wolf also ran towards Jake and they started fighting. I tried to save Jake but other wolf lunged.."

"What were others doing at that time instead of helping you?" I practically yelled which wasn't intensional but Drew didn't said about it.

"As I said we thought we won so other were helping injured pack members and Pearl was on other side of lands, I don't know what she was doing there and how she ended up there. Just think about what could have happened if we didn't go there for patrolling. And I was so scared at that moment when saw her and then he almost ki.....killed him. I lost control Oliver, Dominic took and....and he saved Jake but....." He hugged and I rubbed his back to calm him down.

"And that wolf killed Pearl. I wanted to save both of them and I know Dominic also. But when Jake was in danger , we both lost our senses when we saw him bleeding. And now Jake thinks that we purposely let her die. I don't know how that happened and Dominic want his mate to understand that that was in heat of moment. How can everything turn out like that Oliver? We were so happy. I had everything a beautiful mate, a daughter whose can laugh brighten up my day. And now....now I have nothing. Nothing." He cried hard again and I was lost of words. I don't know what to say, how can I comfort him. He is in most miserable condition and cannot say something which will hurt him more so just kept my mouth shut.

These last two days were cursed nothing good happened in these days. Some of us lost someone precious to us, someone whom we can't get back. We stayed untill he finally stopped crying and then said our final goodbye to her.