20.

We are driving to city, it is a 2 hour drive. So I have to be on my best behaviour however this person sitting next to me...I don't even know why is he sitting next to me instead of with his wife..... making it harder and harder for me. I can't help but check in the mirror if Mrs. Robinson is angry or upset but she is too busy with Nick to notice anything.

"How much long will it take for us get there?" He asked.

"10 minutes most." I replied without looking at him. His face is turned to me which is annoying.

"What should we do first eating, shopping, movie or something else? It's been hours for breakfast, I think eating will do.."

"Anywhere is fine."He said with no emotion in his voice. He is looking outside, anybody can tell something is going on in his mind.

I stopped the car to side to look at him properly. I studied his posture how stiff it was. So avoiding him was the best, turning a bit I saw Mrs. Robinson holding a sleeping Nick.

"Where do you wanna go first?" I whispered, didn't want to wake this cupcake up. I still don't get what is with me and Nick, I can feel a connection, like I should be there for him but exactly why?

"I like have something to eat before doing anything, I didn't quite eat earlier so is it okay with you guys if we head for cafe or a small restaurant?" She asked looking at him but he is so busy looking out of window to notice anything. Like seriously dude she is your wife for god sake!

Mrs. Robinson and I exchange a look and she just smiled, a forced smile. So I thought it'd best if we leave him in his thoughts.

Soon we found a place to eat. As we entered, I mentally cursed this place is fully packed since it's Saturday. I wanted go to another restaurant but Mrs. Robinson said every place will be like that so it's best if we just eat here. Again Elliot has nothing to say.

We sat far end of the corner just to avoid people. Nick has woken up and he looking in all direction wide eyes, smiling when he finds something interesting. I love this kid.

"You want to hold him?" Mrs. Robinson asked.

"No no I am fine. I have no experience with so I'll watch him." She nodded and began to talking to Nick. A waiter came to take our orders. We sat there in silence, just in our thoughts.

When we eating Nick spilled some food on his shirt so Mrs. Robinson went to restroom to change his clothes. For a moment I thought I should also leave and just wait inside the car but Elliot's mood is off, he annoyingly quite.

"What's your problem?"

"What you mean?"

"I mean you are not talking to anyone. Why?"

"I don't feel like talking."

"That's it? You don't feel like talking. Are seriously this dense?" His face was blank but suddenly he became angry. He shifted his whole body, his jaw clenched.

"Dense? Why do you think I am dense?" He asked through his gritted teeth.

"Well you are out with them may be for the first time after your marriage as a....a family. So pay some attention to them, talk to them. And now I think about it you haven't tried to be with Nick at all...so that's where you are dense not thinking about them, taking them for granted." I stated.

He chuckled, crossed his arms over his chest looking to his right and since he is sitting right next to me, I got a nice view of sharp jawline.

"I am not dense Oliver. I pay attention even the smallest thing can never hide for my sight. And that's the problem. I pay attention, I care, I feel, I....I feel...." He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands still not looking at me.