30.

Peter is still not stable neither is Carmen. I went to see them in evening. I couldn't stop there for long. Peter's both arm were fractured so his ribs. There was deep cut under his right eye, both of his eyes were swollen. The worst part was his legs. Like someone has ripped skin then meat then crushed his bone slowly painfully. Doctor said we shouldn't hope for anything, there are high chance he wouldn't survive.

I left the hospital as soon as I saw Peter. I went straight to the woods for a run. None of them deserve what happened. Those bastards took their time in torturing them.

I ran as fast as my legs allowed. For hours. When my body gave out, I sat near a tree my back to it. The silence of these woods gave me time think things through.

Here alone I realized how my existence is affecting everyone around me. My parents died protecting me, there have been so many attacks because of me and now Peter is in hospital all because of me. I made them like that.

I put my head in my hands, my vision got blurry tears streamed down my cheeks. Suddenly I remembered the day when I lost mom and dad. I don't clearly remember anything just few scene like how mom was driving and dad held my hands in his big one. I was sitting in his lap. It's a memory I have buried deep in me. I never bothered to think about it but one thing that I never able to forget is their faces. Their bloody faces. Still they were smiling, there was relief. For what, for me? All those painful memories end to one thing- they died for me. I killed them just like my pack is punishing. They are suffering because they took me in.

I can't do that to them and if they got to Elliot, I will kill anyone before they touch a single hair on his head. If I have to let go this one and only hope I have to let go of him, I shall do it. I am not going to endanger him. I am not that selfish no matter how painful it is.

"What are you doing here?" My body tensed immediately hearing that voice. I moved to look in that direction. He was standing near a tree. Tall and muscular. Pasquale stood just a few feets away from me. He wore a simple gray shirt and black jeans. That simple attire made him look less intimidating.

"Nothing." To which he scoffed. He started walking towards me. He looked around as if to make sure we are alone here. When he confirmed no one was there he sat across me.

"I heard what happened to your friends." He said slowly. I didn't respond simply sat there. "There is no way anyone can save them. They are all going to die and instead of beating you up about that you should plan something so that you can protect other people."

"I don't need you to tell me that." I snapped. Who does he think he is, talking like he knows everything. I looked at him and he stared back, " How do you know about them?" James made sure that this accident...or attack should remain unknown by the pack. How can he?

"There are things about me that you don't know Oliver. I know many interesting stuff about you and your pack. And I am willing to help you. You don't know who is your enemy or what their strength is or their plan for that matter."

"And you know?" I asked.

"Not completely. But I can tell you are in wrong direction." He stated. I thought over his word. If what he is saying is true then what they want. How can he help us? How can I trust him? For all I don't even know for sure if what he is. And why would he help me or my pack? I am hundred percent sure he hates me.

"What will you get out of it? What do you want?" He smiled softly. His eyes glinted mischievously.

"This is what I like about you Oliver. You know what to say. All I want is Norah and Nickolas to come with me. I want you to help me with it. That way you can be with your precious Elliot." He answered. He stood up and looked around, "Think about it. I'll wait."