33.

Seven Days.

It's been seven days and my whole world had turned upside down. After passing out in the battle, I woke up with a almost healed body so the first thing I did was to get back there and kick some ass which in return crushed mine.

Those hunters, no I can't say these people are hunters because according to Alpha, they didn't want to kill us, they will capture us and run some stupid experiment, make their own version of half breeds. They have been attacking us non-stop which made us realized how well trained they are and how much manpower they have.

The first atrack was so sudden that we lost our 13 wolves. After two days, we were sure that they are attacking us without any warning. So we have to keep our guard up all the time. Thankfully Marcus has come back and good news is that three packs has sent their strongest wolves with him.

Aside from that there are few things that are bugging me like- Emily. I don't know where she is, James is not telling me neither I think he will. I am sure she is safe that is why he can focus in the battle. I tried asking him that but he brushed it off saying it's better if only he knows. I understand his concern so I stopped bugging him about that. Emily and her baby are important so if that's what can keep them safe then fine with me.

Then there is Drew. He is been awfully quite for a while. He is avoiding everyone even me. At first I thought it was his family considering his relationship with them but I don't think it is the reason he is so withdrawn from everyone. Always angry, always ready for blew off which is not so him. I don't know how to corner him and the fact that he is good at avoid a conversation isn't helping. Something is seriously wrong and killing him inside, I don't know what but I can't help if he didn't talk.

And how can I forget that guy, Pasquale. He is like a shadow following me everywhere, everywhere. He is getting on my nerves but I didn't act on that because he is also helping with injured and security. He is not on the front line instead he stays behind and watch over the building where are doctors. Can't afford them getting hurt, can we?

I am not going to count how many members of the pack have breathed their last breath, may be because I have already lost count. I know we are losing both-this battle and our family members. Day by day. Alpha is contacting other packs to help but the packs around us are small in number, their packs are smaller than us. So we have to avoid getting hurt. And avoid dying.

It's just so hreat wrenching that I couldn't bring myself to even look at the corpse or the one who are weeping upon their death. It reminds me of how lonely I am and the one person whom I so badly want to hug, kiss and simply stare, is sleeping or I rather say he is in coma. Either way, I am completely traumatized by all the things happening.

I walked into the kitchen to grab something to eat. There is nothing left, some bread, eggs vegetables and meat. It is not enough to us, we have to eat in order to gain strength. The wolves can't hunt right now, we have no clue when someone decide to attack.

I made omelet and after more searching I found a jar of cookies. I sat on one of chairs and ate in silence, not completely silent but the sound are those which I would gladly not hear.

Screaming, crying, weeping, shouting.

Just some days ago it was children who were screaming out of joy. Pups were crying because someone stole their chocolate. Adults were weeping since their children has successfully finished their first hunt. And we all were shouting in happiness.

Everything has changed.

"Either eat this or give it to me." Drew's voice stratled me. He gave me a bored look and started looking into the freeze. I was tempted to ask him some questions but refrained myself. He took out a plastic box and warmed it then took seat next to me. We were both eating, not attempting any conversation. I saw his food was nearly finished so I cleared my throat to get his attention. He did noticed me but said nothing.