9.

I jolt up from my sleep. My body is aching for no reason, every single nerve of my body is on fire, my eyes are burning, I can't breath properly It hasn't been one hour to our flight, here I am feeling like this may be because of mate bond. They say from the first moment you meet your mate, bond establishes. Only my mate can make me feel at ease. So now I have to deal with this forever.

As the same time Hanna and Drake are also screaming and growling and shouting for their mates. Everyone is having a hard time to control them, for god sake we are in plane. If their wolves take control over their body it will be hard job to stop them. Considering our number and the fact that we are in Mr. Robinson's privet plane we are short of hands, now I get why James wanted me to go with them. Clearly their condition is worse than me, why is that so? Leaving it to other time and also my burning body I rushed towards them. It took all my and Carmen strength also some warriors which James arranged for us completely new information for me.

After a whole lot of struggling we successfully stopped them or you can say we inject them with some sleeping medicine that will keep them and their wolves pass out untill we reach our pack house. Seeing these made me think over my situation why I am not this desperate for my mate.

" Why are they behaving like that?" Carmen just shook her head and sits down.

"Well after recognize who is our mate, our wolves always want to stay close to them, feel them, touch them and god knows what more. Since they didn't get to do any of these things, they are restless. This separation is making them feel like they will never ever be able to meet them. It's hard but they have to bear with this." Carmen finished with a sad look. She is not a person who cares about others but this small trip of Miami made her conscious about others.

"So it is their wolves."

" Yeah. They are our ture and honest self. Humans can let go of their desire but wolves can't. What we just did, is a temporary solution. What they really need is them, their mates." So do I. I don't know if it is good thing or bad not having a wolf. If I were a normal werewolf then what could have done.

"Is it possible for any werewolf to not act like that even after meeting mate and then not being them?" I couldn't stop myself asking that to Carmen but I feel like my feelings for him are just because of this bond. If it's true then it is nice that he is with someone else.

"As far as I know No."

"But what if it..." even before I could finish she snapped at me saying she is tired and wants to sleep.

After that long flight with two out of control wolves we made it to the airport. And for my surprise Drew is the one who came to pick us up.

"Welcome back Luna and everyone." His expressions are different from his ususal self.

"Thank you Drew. We should get in the car, we have have pack meeting to attend." Luna said looking towards us. We all got in the car and drove to pack house. Luna and Carmen are in different car which Peter is driving. So we three are in other with Drew.

"Drew are you alright? You never called or texted me when I was there neither you respond my calls. You know I was really hurt and now you didn't even say hi to me." I looked at him with worry. He is never like that, he is the most excited and energetic person I have ever known.

"Oliver we should talk after we get home as you know there is a meeting to attend. I don't want to be late." His serious and bored tone worried me the most. What the hell happened in two days which made my friend like that.

After arriving home we all went straight to the office. I am one of the best warriors in our pack so obviously I have to be there. In the absence of James, Marcus who is third in command, is doing his work and fulfilling his duties. There are total 25 warriors in this office reason is that our pack is really small with just 357 members including Alpha family, Beta family and all the warriors. Like all well not all but most of packs increase their members by allowing rogue and taking over other packs but Alpha Andre doesn't like any of these things. Now you are thinking that what happens when anyone's mate is not from our pack, so we just send those mateless werewolves to different packs to find their mates. And if someone actually finds their mates from different pack Alpha never allows them to live in our pack most of the time. They sometimes have to leave but sometimes Alpha allows but that happened only 3 or 2 times, just like he allowed Jake and Drew to live together in our pack. I know it sounds really harsh but I am sure Alpha has his reasons for that.

Alpha Andre entered the office with Luna by his side. Everyone bowed their heads in respect and he told us to take our seats. Marcus came in the centre "As you all know about the attack that happened yesterday. And Alpha, as far as now it doesn't look like a rogue attack nor it was from other packs."

"Maybe they were hunters. They have been very active recently." Tyler one of the warriors said.

"I also thought so but there was no scent there when we searched. And if they were hunters then we wouldn't fight with bare hands. We are sure that they were not humans but their real identity is...we don't know that as we didn't find any smell. As the time rogues are not skilled to attempt such thing. All in all we don't know who or what attacked." Marcus's information is not making sense. If they were supernatural then why there is no scent.

"May be they used some witch magic to clear any evidence or clue. What why would anyone wants to attack us? We never had any conflicts with other packs and just what Marcus said rogues are not capable. So why? We are not threat to anyone." I voiced my thoughts and everyone seem to agree with me as they looked at Alpha.

"We can't say what other people or packs think of us. We clearly have no idea who is our friend or enemy. Even if we are small pack, we still have some of best werewolves. May be they see us a rival. So before we do anything, they want to crash us." We all agreed with what Alpha said. It is true we can't read minds so we have no idea.

"But We are also not sure if they werewolves or something else. Only good thing is that no one is dead. Sure we have some children and pack members who are seriously injured, we can just hope for their good health." Marcus told while dismissing this meeting. Alpha, Luna and Marcus stayed in the office for more discussion. And we all head back to our works. Outside the office I realized that Drew is already left for the training ground. I followed him there since he doesn't look really good.

"Drew what are you doing here? It is not time for training." I asked as saw him practicing with other wolves.

"I have nothing to do any way." He said shrugging, not so like him.

" When you have nothing to do you are always with Jake."

"Oliver you just came back. Why don't you take some rest, we can talk later."

"No. Tell me what happened. Did you have a fight with Jake ?" His behavior is worrying me. He is never like that and I sure that it's not because of attack. Something else happened. These past two days were like most worse eventful days.

"Nothing happened. So go and rest."

"No. I am worried about you so please tell me."

"WHAT HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU. NOTHING HAPPENED. SO DROP IT, OKAY"

"D! look at me. Please." I grabbed his face with both my hands gently, forced him to look into my eyes and killed me, he is crying heavily. He hugged me tightly and cried his heart out.

"She died Oliver, she died." That's the only thing he is saying.

"Who?"

"She died."