Chapter 24

A/N: I know you're going to hate me for this but let's focus on the case first okay? Hehe. The case first before the date. I'm sorry okay? Please don't beat me!

Anyway, please read my newly posted Ghost Hunt fanfiction. It was originally written as a one-shot fanfic but tell me if you want it to be a multi-chapter story. Just message me or write a comment. I'll keep waiting for your response!

Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: I don't Own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited. The whole story's not Edited.]

-oOo-

Life is really strange. It is full of mystery and changes. It can cause sadness. It can cause happiness and it can cause headaches. These thoughts ran through Lin’s head as he watch a pair of teenagers shy away from each other in the office.

“Lin, please hand Naru his tea while delivering the documents.” Mai said in a deadpan voice as she gently shoved the tray in his free hand. She quickly ran towards the kitchen leaving him in a dumbfounded state.

After a few seconds, Lin entered the boss’ office and handed him the documents and also his cup of tea. Lin noticed a flash of surprise and annoyance passed in his charge’s blue eyes when he noticed Lin handing him his tea.

But he stopped for a minute and drank his tea in one go. He took the documents and skimmed though it in a grumpy way. Lin was amused while watching him throw a tantrum. He wondered what happened to them during their ‘date’.

The others, especially Ayako, noticed the change between them and was itching to ask but whenever they tried, Mai would evade or change the topic while Naru would glare at them like he’s some kind of death deity.

Nobody knew what happened to them that day but they clearly change how they treated each other after that. Although they tried to act normal and tease each other sometimes like normal, it doesn't always end well. They would quarrel like mortal enemies and would be awkward with each other. That is how the day would end frequently in the SPR office after New Year. And this has been going on for two weeks already.

The student council president of Ryokuryou High School came to the office and brought a petition from the office and told them to reconsider their request. The poor president bowed his head to Naru, begging him to accept the case.

Mai, who ran away to buy some tea, would’ve beg Naru to accept the case too if she seen this kind of setting. Lin, who stood beside Naru, kept his calm face while staring at his charge. The latter sighed and told him to call the school and accept the case. The council president was, of course, delighted and thank Naru with a happy heart.

“I am back!” a cheerful voice came from the door after they heard it opened with a ring. Mai, who came back carrying a bag of tea, put down the bag and took off her coat.

The student council president stopped his tracks and stare at the girl who just arrived. Their eyes met after a few seconds and they both widened their eyes in surprise. These interaction did not go unnoticed by the other people in the room and watch as they run to each other with genuine smiles pasted on their faces.

“Yasu!”

“Mai!”

Naru’s face darkened at the sight of them hugging tightly. He almost went back on his words and deny the student’s case once more. The two hugged for a while and laugh as they stare at each other’s faces.

“If you’re gonna flirt, do it out my sight and not in my office. This is not a club.” Naru cruelly said to them and gave them a cold glare. Lin can feel the temperature decreasing second by second.