Chapter 41

A/N: Ah. So I updated a new chapter. I have gathered so much inspiration these past fe days so I'll ignore my 3-or-more-days-rest policy. Haha. I hope you all enjoy. It's a bit long compared to my previous chapters. And did you enjoy how Naru is turning a bit darker? Hihi.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

Mai opened her eyes only to find herself unable to move. Mai tried to move but her limbs isn't obeying her orders. She tried to move her head and she was so thankful that it moved. But she felt something inauspicious from this. Abruptly, she caught a very familiar voice in her head.

"Is it sleep paralysis?"

"Wait. Naru?!"

Mai called out for Naru but she never heard a response. She was sure it is Naru but she couldn't see her anywhere. She moved her head from left to right but she had seen no shadow of Naru. She noticed that she is the only one in the room. The beds from both her side are gone and so are Masako and Ayako.

"What's happening? Is this a dream?"

Mai confusedly asked herself but she was sure she just heard Naru a while ago. It could be Gene but Gene's voice is more softer than the voice she just heard. Mai, once again, roamed her eyes and confirmed that she is in a dream. But why would Naru's voice appear in her dream? While she is thinking she heard a noise coming from the doorknob that's being twisted. Mai suddenly become panicked.

She's doesn't like what is going to happen. Her back suddenly turned cold at the sight of two men entering the room she is in. She wanted to call out but she couldn't utter a single sound. She just wanted to watch and collect information but she could feel every touch and feelings inside the person she's in. She mostly have first person dream but at this time, her whole being wanted it to be a third person dream— No! Her whole being wanted to run away from those men and from this dream!

".....two men, dressed in white overcoat and gloves..."

"Naru?! Are you there?! Can you hear me?!"

Mai cried out but she, once again, failed to get a response from him. Mai struggled to move but she just let herself be caught by one of those intruders. She was dragged in a standing position. Her body was still limp and she couldn't raised a finger to stop the other man from grabbing her right arm. Mai was dragged out of the room. The corridors is completely dark but the men just walked steadily without light. Mai doesn't even know if they're heading south or north. After a long distance, they came in front of a door. Mai knew this door. She saw this door in the West wing while measuring the rooms with Bou-san. They tried to opened but the entrance was locked by a wall after they opened it.

".....same style of door design in Room 46, 48 and 53 in West wing..."

"Naru?!"

The brunette heard Naru's voice again but she knew he probably couldn't hear her so she stopped trying to get an answer. She would resolve this problem after this dream. Mai saw the spacious room. The furnitures are arranged in a neat manner that it feels like someone had been living here. The fire is also lit in the fireplace however, no one was there. They dragged her to a closet on the right. Silently, they opened the closet and Mai saw a very long, narrow and dark corridor. It gives off a very scary feeling that Mai could even feel panic coming from the body they are dragging. The owner of this memory must have been very very scared.