Chapter 36

A/N: Hey-hey-hey! How are you today? I hope you enjoy this chapter. It contains a lot of flashbacks so please bear with me. Hehe.

DISCLAIMER: I don't Own Ghost Hunt

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

The whole room they're in is very tense as Mai and Naru stared seriously at each other. The other SPR is still confused but Masako and Lin were shaken by Mai's statement. Naru even confirmed Mai's thoughts. Ayako, who is the most curious one, stepped out and disrupted their staring contest.

"Eugene Davis? Oliver Davis's brother? Why is Naru searching for his brother? Is he lost?"

Mai was the first one to look away. Naru stopped biting his lip and released the tension on his body. His face returned to normal and sat on the bed. He rested his head on his palm as he met everyone's eyes. A few seconds after contemplating, he decided to answer them.

"Yes. He had been missing for more than a year now."

"Did you used psychometry? How is it that you couldn't find him until now? Is he hiding from you?" Bou-san asked him, joining Ayako in questioning their young boss.

"He's dead." Naru's answer startled them. They couldn't find words to say. Their eyes are just fixated on him without moving an inch. It's not long before Naru returned his eyes to Mai's.

"How long had you been in contact with him, Mai?" Mai flinched at the cold tone of Naru's voice but Mai brushed it off.

"I've encountered numerous of shape shifting ghosts since I entered Master Fang Yuan Zheng's Sect. So when I first met him in the old school building, I thought he's one of them since you two have the same face. Well, not until recently. I know you are Dr. Davis but I didn't dig deeper because knowing you're Oliver Davis is enough for me. I thought it would be better if you personally tell me about your identity." Mai answered before breathing deeply.

"I didn't know of Mr. Guard- Eugene Davis's existence until Bou-san told us something about Dr. Davis's brother. Though I've read one your books, I never really read it thoroughly. And Eugene never corrected me nor told me who he was." Mai added. She sat on her bed, just opposite to Naru.

"Did he tell you anything about where we could find his body?" Naru asked but Mai shook her head sadly.

"Unfortunately, he said nothing about him. He just acts as my spirit guide and would always appear whenever we had cases. But I remember him appearing in the world of the living during the cultural festival in our school." Mai answered while watching how Naru's face change from being col to annoyed.

"That idiot! He knew perfectly well what will happen to him if he stays here longer! Why?!" Naru stood up, looking angry. The others also backed away a little in surprise. Naru would just creepily smile at them if he's angry but he was openly revealing his emotions now. His brother must've been a sensitive spot for him.

"I asked him one time and he told me that he had something to do. As for what it is, I don't know." Mai said to him, looking unaffected by Naru's mood. But only she knew that deep inside, she's really stunned and scared. She closed her eyes for a bit and tried channeling or summoning Mr. Guardian in hopes that he would appear like what he did during the festival.

'Eugene Davis, if you refused to appear, I will ignore you for life! Your brother is scaring me!'

Mai bowed her head and tried to sleep but she couldn't! She really want to escape but she's wide awake and she's not focused enough to astral project. Mai really need Mr. Guardian to appear before this great lord devoured her!