Chapter 03

"Kyaaaah!!!!"

Everyone inside the building turn their heads towards that scream. Banging sounds followed after. They ran towards it and Matsuzaki-san's panicked screams sound louder.

"Open the door! Let me out!"

She screamed as she knock on the door loudly. The door was tightly closed and Takigawa-san cannot open it.

"It won't open. I'm going to kick it in. Ayako, move back!"

A blue vein appeared on Matsuzaki-san's face as she gritted her teeth and move away.

"Don't call me by my first name!"

A loud crack sounded and a big baam after that. They saw Matsuzaki-san staring below her in daze. Her right foot is lifted and the end of the door was just an inch before her ankle. That stance is quite comical!

***

"I was checking out the classroom when all of the sudden, the door closed by itself and wouldn't open!" Matsuzaki-san stated as she drank a mouthful of canned soda.

"You sure you didn't close it by yourself?" Naru's cold voice said causing Matsuzaki-san feel like an idiot and shouted.

"Yes, I'm sure! There's definitely something in here!"

Panic is still written on Matsuzaki-san's voice but a certain Medium refute her.

"I don't sense it. There are no spirits here."

An argument sparked between the two leading to Matsuzaki-san's defeat in the end.

"Humph! I think what I just experienced was caused by a 'Chirei' that lives on land." Matsuzaki-san concluded and Mai look at her with a confused eyes.

Chirei is Earth Bound Spirit, right?

Mai thought translating the word in English.

"No. I think it's a work of 'Jibakurei'. I wonder if something happened in the past?" Takigawa-san said and added.

Oh! Jibakurei is Site-Bound Spirit.

"My guess is there's a ghost that afraid of losing its home and is trying to prevent the demolition. What do you think, John?"

" I really don't know. Isn't the phenomenon of a haunted building usually caused by a spirit or Ghost?"

Mai thought all over this and doubt if there are spirits here. But Hara-san said that there is none. Could it be Matsuzaki-san really closed the door by herself? Mai look at her boss but she saw him whispering something all by himself. He is holding a nail in his hand.

Mai was about to tell him that it's dangerous to play with a nail but a thought strike her when she was about to speak.

'Nail!! It's the reason why Matsuzaki-san's locked in hat door! It's not caused by psychic activity or whatever. But who would play a prank on her when all of us are in the base?'

Mai's shock expression dissipated as John began his theory sharing it to everyone.

"If a psychic phenomenon is caused by spirits, it would mean that Chirei has a close connection with the location or it would mean that spirits had called for the devil. But if the phenomenon was caused by ghost, it would mean that it was an act of Jibakurei or site-bound spirit. "

"It's Jibakurei, right?!"
"Chirei, right?!"

John was shocked as the two adults came to him and ask a question in the same time.