Chapter 22

A/N: Hello! I am very very sorry for the inconvenience. We will be going to our hometown for a few days and will not be able to update because of the lack of internet access. I am really sorry! Gomenasai! This will be a compensation for you guys!

“Shibuya-san, I have something to tell you.” John said after he recovered from his laughing fit. Unlike a while ago, his face is serious and a bit confused. But he must admit that he is a bit scared and hesitated when he saw Naru having a very gloomy face.

“A while ago, while I was exorcising the spirit, Kenji-kun resisted being driven out of the body. And the noises we heard during the exorcism never happened before.” John said that made the others look at him, stopping their laughs in an instant.

“Yes. Now that you said it, I also never see a spirit possessed a body right after being driven out of his previous host.” Bou-san noted as Naru leaned on the wall to think.

“It is interesting that those happened first time today. You and Father Toujo said that the spirit is possessing the children more frequently now. Apart from these, did you noticed something different?” Naru asked, putting away his gloominess.

“Father Toujo said that the spirit is also hiding for a longer period of time and he fear that something may disappear like Kenji-kun.”

“What do you think will happen if we try to exorcise Kenji-kun again?” Naru asked.

“I don’t know. The spirit may possess another body again and we may anger him.” John answered while Bou-san and Ayako nodded in agreement in this sentence.

*Thud!*

“Taniyama-san!”

The SPR turned their head towards Lin’s direction and saw Mai collapsed. Ayako hurriedly checked her temperature and was stunned when the temperature dropped tremendously from the last time she checked and it continue to decrease! Ayako was alarmed and panicked.

“Quick! Get her to a hospital, her temperature is decreasing!”

The others were alarmed like her and Ayako was about to call an ambulance when Masako suddenly stopped her by snatching her phone.

“What are you doing?!” Ayako snarled and snatched her phone back.

“Wait. I can see it.” Masako answered while staring at Mai’s body. Her eyes were confused but they can see that she’s so amused like a child who went to a zoo for the first time.

“I have never seen something like this before.” She continued as she took a step to look closer.

“What is it?!” Bou-san and Ayako asked her, worried.

“Is Taniyama-san in danger?!” John asked and was about to ask his fellow exorcist to do something but he noticed something different in Lin’s face. He had the same expression as Masako, like they are witnessing something that had never happened before.

“What is happening?!” the others, who are clueless asked. Even Naru is confused at the two’s reaction while watching the unconscious Mai.

“Hara-san, what is happening?” Naru asked as calmly as he could.

“Mai…. Mai is driving out Kenji-kun’s soul out her body on her own.” Masako answered that made them freeze.

‘On her own?!’

‘That is crazy!’

“I-I don’t know how but I can see Kenji-kun’s spirit slowly exiting Mai’s body. H-he is crying and begging Mai to let him in. A-and he keeps on shouting ‘Father’.” Masako added making them look at Mai, whose temperature is decreasing.