Chapter 09

Mai woke up with dark circles beneath her eyes. Lin is a Chinese? Whoa. That's cool. Lin is an Onmyouji? That's amazing! But Lin hating her? That's frustrating! She offended a powerful person!

"Kyaaah!!!!" Mai scream in frustration. She's currently in roadside so people stared at her as she scream.

And also, Lin as a member of SPR....

Lin Koujo..... He is also known as Lin Xingxu!!

Lin Xingxu, a famous Onmyouji of British Society of Psychic Research. He is skilled in curses and spells. He is also the Head Technician of BSPR and a professor at Cambridge University.

See?! A Big shot!! Just like Dr. Davis!

"How could I have offended that man! Waaah!! It is said that he hates Japanese because of the thing Japan did to China. I also injured him on our first meeting. I must be on his blacklist now. Waaah.. T____T.." Mai whispered in frustration as she walk towards her school.

Once she entered her classroom, her thoughts about Lin Koujo or Lin Xingxu disappeared and focus her attention to her class. It's one week before the cultural festival and as a student assistant to the principal, she stayed a little bit late to assist him. She called the SPR that she will be late and continue her job.

"Mai, tea."

Mai frown as she hang her coat on the hanger. Geez.. How could he know that I have arrived? She put her things on her table near the window and went to the kitchen. Once she finished the tea, she delivered Lin's tea first and as usual he didn't say a word except his 'Thanks'.  Mai knocked on Naru's office next and when she heard the words 'Come in', she finally opened the door and walk towards Naru's table.

Every time, she delivered his tea, she always see that wide Japan map and a lot of books around him. He looks like he is searching for something. Mai wondered what is he searching for. Is this another reason why he came from Japan?

Mai exited the office and went back to her table where many files are waiting for her to rearrange. She finished it in 40 minutes and she proceed to her homeworks and the assignments the principal gave her for the cultural festival.

Naru sighed as he look at the clock. It's almost time to go rest. He organised all his things and went out of his office. He locked it and turned around just to be shocked to see Mai writing nonstop on her usual spot.

She's still not leaving?

Naru saw the seriousness on Mai's face. She focus on writing and looking at the book about Japanese culture.

"It's late. You're still not leaving?" Naru voice out making Mai stop what she is doing.

"Oh. Sorry." Mai said as she look at her watch. It's already 8pm. She organised her things and put it in her bag.

"Are you going home now?" Mai asked as she put on her coat.

"Yes. But I still have to wait for Lin."

"Okay. Good night, Naru. Sweet dreams. I'm going now." Mai said as she yawn. She exited the building and hailed a taxi.

That morning, she's late again because of that dream. It's Saturday and she still have work. She also need to go to school for the preparation of the upcoming feast. She arrived at the office when she saw Masako and Naru in the entertainment room.

"Mai, call the others. We have a case."

"What?! But I'm busy. Can I be excused? I still have to assist the Student Council for the feast this afternoon." Mai said with a wronged face.