Chapter 13

"Naumakusanmanda bazaradankan!" Bou-san came in with a Buddhist rosary while chanting.

Mai look up in daze as the light flickered on. She is still gripping on Naru's dark clothes and Bou-san walked towards them asking if they are okay. Mai woke up completely and sigh in relief. But a sudden realization hit her, making Naru's clothes wrinkled by her grip. Naru noticed it and look at Mai. Bou-san pat Mai's head telling her that it's already alright.

"Eyes that looked like she was thirsting for blood. She never look at me once." Mai whispered to herself as she slowly look at her boss.

"Mai, what's wrong?" Naru asked as he look at her lifeless eyes.

Lin and the others came to the base and saw the scene. Bou-san helped Mai up as the girl sighed and smile at them, telling them that she's okay.

"That ghost came for Naru. She never look at me once." Mai said calmly and sighed again, looking at her boss.

***DAY 04

The next day, Mai arrived early and studied her drawing on the whiteboard. Mr. Guardian showed her these so she is sure that it is related to the case but what do they mean? Is this some kind of treasure map? Mai sighed and took a picture of the board. She decided to go check out these locations in case she find something. Mai was about to leave when the door opened and Naru, together with Lin came in.

"Oh. Good Morning, guys." Mai greeted as she walk to the corner to make tea.

"Naru, your eyes are red. Don't tell me you cried all night?" Mai teased and handed Naru his tea.

Naru glared as he snatch his cup. Mai is worried that the ghost might follow Naru and it seems that her worries are right, seeing Naru's eyes. But she can't help but to tease him a little bit. A smile flashed across Mai's face as she sat beside him.

"So, what happened?" Mai asked in a worried voice as she sip her tea.

"It seems that your guess is right. The ghost is indeed after me. It came to my room and we glare at each other all night." Naru answered as Mai gasped at his answer.

"Huh?! Why glare at it?!" Mai asked on confusion.

"I figured it wouldn't be safe to take my eyes off it so I stared at it all night. Then ---" Naru didn't finished his sentence when Lin's rushed footsteps sounded as his voice rang.

"Why didn't you call me?!" Lin scolded as he stopped in front of the youth.

"Well, I was curious to see what would happen. And I also felt bad about waking you up in the middle of the night." Naru answered guiltily but his voice is still cold.

"All you had to do is to knock on the wall. What would you have done if something happened?!"

"If something really happened, of course I would've called you. But nothing happened." Naru explained, somewhat agitated and guilty.

Mai is very amused watching them talk to each other. One is scolding and the other is being scolded and helpless. Mai also heard the 'knock-on-the-wall' phrase so she concluded that these two are living together. Oliver Davis came to Japan for something and it wouldn't be a surprise if Lin with him as a 'bodyguard'. He is still a teenager, after all no matter how much of a genius he is. Mai chuckled and went in between them to stop the argument.

"Now. Now. Don't argue anymore." Mai said and gently push Lin a step back.

"No need to be angry since it already happened. Besides, he is okay." Mai said as Lin glared at them and walked to his usual spot.