Chapter 26

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

Mai noticed herself sitting in a chair while reading a book about Ghost Hunting. Mai immediately felt something strange and put her guard up. She is in an unfamiliar classroom and realized that she's in a dream. And she is not ‘herself’. The hand that are holding the book  belongs to a boy so she must be having a dream about a boy’s experience. The body is still reading the book until a yell interrupted the serene atmosphere.

“Sakauchi! What are you doing?!”

Mai felt herself jumped in shock as a stern voice shout at him from behind. She quickly his the book she's reading but it was snatched by a hand belonging to an old man. She turned her gaze and saw the angry face of the teacher she didn’t like seeing after arriving in this school.

‘Oh. That Matsuyama-sensei… But wait, what did he just said? Sakauchi? Does that mean I am seeing Sakauchi’s memories?’

“How many times have I told you to stop reading these kinds of books, you brat?! Instead of these kind of crap why don’t you focused on reading textbooks for you to improve your crappy grades?!”

That rude teacher lectured in an angry voice as he tore down the book in two. Mai also tried to reached out and snatch the book back but the teacher threw the torn book straight to the garbage bin. Mai can feel the anger and sadness blooming from the boy’s heart as he look at his book with a disheartened look. Mai lowered her head and stare at the floor as she listened to Matsuyama-sensei crap talk.

‘This old fogey! Did he know that the book is expensive?! And paranormal research is not a crap! It can help people!’ Mai rant inside her as she look down but she suddenly noticed a presence closed to her. Mai felt pain on her ear as she was lifted by someone who pulled her right ear.

“Are you listening to me?! Is this how you treat your teachers, you brat?!”

Mai heard the teacher angrily growl as he pinched her ear even more. Mai feel how hatred filled the boy’s heart the teacher shout to her ear. Mai really wanted to beat the hell out of this man but the body she's in didn't do the scheme she's planning. That old teacher’s voice rang painfully in her ear as she tried to struggle. Her breathes’ interval became shorter as she strived to break free

“Let go!” Mai heard a guy’s voice as she felt her mouth move. There is a trace of panic and anger in that voice but the teacher continue to spew nonsense to her ears.

‘You Bastard! This is abuse! I will sue you! Let go! Matsuyama, you bastard!!’ Mai screamed in her heart while feeling the pain Sakauchi was feeling from that abusive teacher. His feelings and pains stab her own heart as she witness what is happening in a first person’s perspective.

-oOo-

“MAI! Wake up!”

Mai opened her eyes as she inhaled deeply, waking up from that dream. Her hands reached her right ear as she can still feel the pain some someone’s screams and pinching. She tried to calm herself. She covered her ears in hopes that those crappy voices leave her mind. She then noticed her friends' worried faces in front of her. Seeing their concern, she couldn't help but to tear up in sight.

“Mai! Thank goodness. Are you okay?!” Bou-san asked as he handed her a glass of water.

“Y-yeah.” She answered while Yasuhara hurriedly kneeled in front of her and wiped her tears away. Naru pursed his lips in dissatisfaction as he watch their intimate actions. But Lin and Masako felt something wrong with Mai. Naru would've thought the same as them but he is overcome with jealousy that he couldn't think straight.