Chapter 11

***YUASA HIGHSCHOOL

***Day 01

"Haaaay......" Mai sighed as she gathered all the clients to be interviewed. She pressed the 'Talk' button on her walkie talkie.

"Boss. I already finished my job. Can I do my homework now?" Mai said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

"Yes. Return to the base. Good job,Mai." A cold voice rang from the walkie talkie as Mai smiled at the group of student and lead them towards the base.

They have a new case today. Apparently, they received 5 requests from different people saying the school is haunted and many are seeing things and are possessed by spirits. Naru rejected it at the first 3 requests but Bou-san came in with his rock band outfit and described the case.

He said that one of her fans came to him after knowing that he do exorcisms saying that there's a desk in her classroom that they think is cursed. He said that all four students who sat on that desk meet an accident for the past three months and all of them experienced the same type of accident. All of them were dragged by a train in the same manner. Their arms caught between the doors.

And before Naru could even answer if he would take the case, the principal of the Yuasa Highschool came in requesting for investigation. Naru had no choice but to accept the case.

Mai walked towards the base and guide the clients inside. She went straight to her desk next to the stoic Lin after that. Lin just glance at her for a second and continue monitoring his laptop. Mai opened her own laptop to do her homework as she listen to what the clients say about the case.

"Kiyomi Ito-san, correct?" Naru coldly asked as he concentrate on his notes. The girl was slightly trembling as she nod in acknowledgement.

"You came to our office saying that you're friend is probably possessed by a fox spirit after conducting a seance. May I ask where is she now?" Naru asked.

"She hasn't come to school for quite a while now."

"You mentioned that she jumps into her desk and eat sand. And that's not the end of the story. You said she jumps into the school pool with her uniform on even though it was very cold that day. Did she hurt any of the students?"

"No. She hasn't."

"Normally if someone is in that kind of situation, they would usually think that she has a mental illness or she's pretending, why do you think that it's some paranormal phenomena?"

"Because she told me that she is a white fox, a servant of Oinari-san. She also started acting strange after we played Kokkuri-san."

"Other than using paper, what else did you use in the seance? Goblet? Glass? Either of those?"

"No. Our version of Kokkuri-san is done by writing the entire Hiragana alphabet and using a pencil on a sheet of paper. And we didn't have any issues like Kokkuri-san's spirit wouldn't return home or making fun of Kokkuri-san or anything like that. But when were about to leave, she said she's been possessed. We told her that it's impossible but she replied that her shoulders are heavy. The next day, she started acting strange."

"Where did you performed Kokkuri-san?"

"1st grade, Room 03"

***

"Can you tell me what's happening at the track team's locker room?"

"Sometimes the lockers would tipped over and the equipment would be scattered all over the place. It happened so frequently that we thought someone is pranking us so we decided to stay overnight to catch the prankster but when we are not paying attention, the shot puts that are stored in a box somehow placed on the floor arranged in a perfect line."