Chapter 12

"There's no spirit anywhere?!"

"That's impossible, Masako!!"

"I can't sense any. I walk around the school and didn't find any." Masako said covering her mouth with her kimono sleeve.

"There have been to at least a spirit on that desk! 4 incidents already happened!" Bou-san said.

"I wonder if they're setting us up?" Masako

"No way! The whole school?! Is that some kind of joke?!"

"Please calm down. This case is going to be complicated. How many of those clients are telling the truth? Even only some of them were, there are still some submissions. There has to be a reason why so many people are experiencing psychic phenomena. But this reason is still unclear. On this type of situation, we can only depend on you, Hara-san." Naru said but Masako just shook her head.

"I don't feel any. There aren't any spirits here.." Masako said.

"I see." Naru

"Masako isn't always right, you know?" Ayako said mocking the medium.

"But I'm more correct than you, Matsuzaki-san." Masako answered sarcastically.

"Why you!" Ayako.

The two bicker about their accomplishments until no one ever dared to stop them. Bou-san heard Naru mumbling and turn towards him.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just wish we have more reliable psychic on our side. Lin, let's get to work. For you guys, double check in case you miss something. Mai, watch the....."

Naru look around and did not see a single silhouette of the young brunette.

"Where is Mai?" Naru

Everyone look around but they did not saw Mai.

"Naru, she's here. " Lin said as he look at the brunette sleeping beside him. She's blocked by a big vase so the others didn't see her in one glimpse.

The others walk towards his location and saw the girl sleeping so soundly. Her arms and face are leaning on the desk facing her white laptop. Her laptop screen was divided into two. On the other side, it's was a research about Gellerini and the other side of the screen is her homework.

"Tsk. The princess must be tired from all those work. Just let her rest, Naru." Ayako said as she crossed her arms.

"Aw... She looks so cute!" Bou-san said taking pictures of the sleeping beauty.

"Okay  Lin, just stay here with Mai." Naru said as they exited, continuing their work.

Lin look at the sleeping girl and took a picture of her. He returned his gaze to his laptop and write a new email to Madoka and the Couple Davis.

*** Dream

Mai opened her eyes and saw Mr. Guardian smiling at her. She returned his smile and run towards him to gave him a hug. Mr. Guardian chuckled and pat her shoulders. The next moment, he pointed something. Mai looked over and saw the draft of the school.

"Will-o'-the-wisps?!" Mai asked as she look at the school. They are scattered all over the school.

"Mr. Guardian, what do those mean?" Mai asked but he just smiled at her and push her.

***

Mai woke up with a jolt. Even Lin who is beside her got surprised by her sudden movement. Mai laugh as she apologized to him.