Chapter 30

A/N: I hope you enjoy! Get ready to meet a new character! I'm sorry if it's a bit messy!

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

"Master, who do I have to read these boring books about curses? It's not like I'm gonna join you and Senior Big Brother in exorcising evil!" A ten-year-old old brunette complained while carelessly holding an old book.

"Foolish girl! Don't you dare damage my book! That was passed down to me by my master! It's decades older than you, you sprout!" An old man wearing priest robes scolded her as he snatched the book from the girl's hand.

He blew and pat the surface of the book gently and glares at the girl with his menacing eyes. This girl was the granddaughter of his best friend and he learned that she's having trouble with her psychic abilities so he took in to train her. But who would've known that this young sprout would be a headache. She always thinks about money and business. She wouldn't even listen to him. He planned to make this girl his inner disciple because of her abilities but this girl is as stubborn as a bull! This is the reason why she remained as his unofficial disciple.

He is Fang Yuan Zheng, a Daoist priest that goes around the country to exorcise demons and ghosts. He's best in his field but he was never blessed with obedient disciples. His sole successor, Mu Lin Yuan is very talented and studious but he's so introverted! He's knowledgeable but he wouldn't step out of the temple to help him in their job! What's th point of his brain if he wouldn't even use it to help people?!

And this girl, a half-Japanese and Half-Chinese descendant of the Xias, is so stubborn that he might die from educating her! He helped her, Taniyama Mai, control her dreams after teaching her meditation and help from a trusted doctor. She's pretty timid before when she was struggling with her abilities but after her problem was solved, she focused her attention to business and ignored him!

And it pains Fang Yuan Zheng to see that girl improving in business class than in his lessons! Yeah, she's a genius like his successor but why is her interest different from him?! He is mostly calm and elegant but when it comes to his two disciples, his prestige that he had earn for many decades crumbled in just a matter of seconds!

'The gods must be punishing me!'

"Mai, you have psychic abilities and you can't escape the supernatural world. Sooner or later, something will be targeting you or your loved ones! You need to read this to protect yourself and the people you want to protect!" Fang Yuan Zheng answered but the little girl just shrugged at him while his dear successor didn't step in to help him. Fang Yuan Zheng can almost feel his veins bursting and had the urge to smack his disciples.

"I know spells. I can protect everyone!" Mai answered smugly and crossed her arms.

"What if it's some kind of curse and it can't be stopped by even the most powerful spells once activated?!"

"Then I'll just stop it before the activation." Mai answered like it was so obvious but her answer was met with a smack on the head.

"Ow!" Mai complained as she rubbed her aching head and glared at her teacher.

"What stop?! You don't even know what the curse is! How can you stop it! You're just a bean sprout and you don't know anything! How can you protect yourself from paranormal when you're brain is filled with Economics and business strategies?! You foolish brat!" Fang Yuan Zheng screamed at the top of his lungs as he harshly poked Mai's tender cheeks.

After Fang Yuan Zheng's outburst, Taniyama Mai and Mu Lin Yuan was punished to copy 200 scriptures in the temple. As for Mu Lin Yuan's sin, he had sinned by just doing nothing. Realizing that his superior reputation crumbled again, he added 100 extra books for them to copy. Mai and Lin Yuan wanted to scream at him and tell him it's unfair. But who told them to have a childish and unreasonable master?