Chapter 38

A/N: well.... I kinda forgot the date and didn't greet our birthday girl on my last update so I'll greet her now. Haha. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, TANIYAMA MAI! I know her birth is in the 3th of July but I really don't care about the date so I forgot about it! Sorry! So I hope you enjoy this chapter. And always stay safe, my dear readers and take care of yourselves. If nothing goes wrong, I'll update the next chapter 3-4 days later.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

The mansion is weird. It's was like the building was brought out of a painting. There are stairs at the wall, windows that are located inside a room and also at the ceiling. There are so many misplaced doors and windows around. There are even rooms in a room. Even Yasu and John are having difficulty getting the temperature of the rooms because of these weird structure.

They even met Minami-san and his assistant during their task. But he just took out a thermometer and said he's done in just a few seconds. He even mocked Yasu's for being the 'young boss' but Yasu just toyed with him by acting old. They had finished setting up the equipment and was currently having dinner together in the base. They can dine in the dining room but since Mai and Masako still didn't felt right, they decided to bring in the food and forced the two to eat a little.

"By the way, Mai, you said you graduated highschool when we're at Ryokuryou High. Is the papers done? Where will you go for college?" Bou-san asked as he placed soup on Mai's bowl.

"I already have all the papers done. As for college, I was originally planning to go to Tokyo University but something came up in China so I think I'll abandon that plan. I will be heading back sooner than expected." Mai answered, making Yasu sigh and the others confused.

"Heading back? You're leaving?" Ayako asked with wide eyes.

"Yes."

"W-why?!" Bou-san asked her. Even Naru is looking at her confusedly. She hadn't said anything about this before.

"You knew about me getting no support until my coming-of-age ceremony right? I told you that during my school's cultural festival. Actually, that agreement serves as my protection from our relatives who wants to cover my inheritance. I am my grandfather, the patriarch's successor so naturally, I have the majority of shares and wealth in the Xia Family. As long as I'm still under that agreement, I'm safe but once I become an adult, I will be seen as a big piece of meat for those hungry wolves. I don't want you to be dragged in our rivalry so I need to leave." Mai explained to them.

"But you're still 16! China's coming-of-age is 18, right? That means you still have 2 years left." Masako joined the questioning while having a complicated look on her face.

"That's is right but my cousin and my former fiancé gave me this." Mai said and showed them an virtual invitation on her phone. It was a wedding invitation. It was so beautifully designed and looks fancy. It was right to say that the couple being married is rich.

"They came to Japan to give me this so that means they want me to return as soon as possible to attend the wedding of the one who cheated on me. It can't be possibly mean something good so I think they'll planning something for me at the wedding reception." Mai said as she put away her phone and held her eating utensils again.

"The wedding is on my seventeenth birthday so that also means that they're not planning to keep that agreement and covet the inheritance from me sooner. I need to get ready for this so I have to leave sooner than planned."

"Hey! You're still young! And you didn't even enter college yet! How can you fight those decades year old business foxes?! Won't that be putting your life in danger?!" Bou-san said as he poked Mai's cheeks. Ayako and Masako also joined at glaring at her.