Chapter 43

A/N: Oh, finally! The last chapter of the last case! The main story is nearing its end! I thought I'd update 5 days later but I've watched a touching drama and got some inspiration. Haha. Please enjoy this chapter and comment down what you think! This chapter drained all of my brain juice. Haha. I will be waiting for your feedback!

Next:

FINAL ARC: Memoir of the Forgotten Music Box

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

"...hik...hik...Mai!...Mai..Please..."

Mai frowned at the noise. She was so tired. Her whole being is full of ache and her energy is slowly draining. She's a bit annoyed by the crying sound. Her head is pounding hard and the cries are just torturing her head and mentality. Mai forced herself to to sit and looked around her in search for the crying sound. But before she even found that sound, she was stunned by the liquid lying underneath her.

It was just like her vision. There are little pieces of meat mixed with blood and the room is full of it. Mai covered her mouth together with her nose. She turned around and saw Masako's shaking back. She keeps on calling her name while crying. Mai noticed that the blood is not touching her so she can only conclude that she's currently astral projecting.

She stood up and went to the medium's side. There she saw her body lying in front of her. Mai's body is so much pale than usual. That only means that her energy is nearing it's limit. She don't know how long they are in this execution room but she has so far them out of here before the barrier around them collapse. It would be trouble if the barrier collapsed.

"Masako! Hey, can you hear me?" Mai said to her friend but the medium cannot seem to see or hear her. She was just there, crying in worry.

"Strange. Isn't she a medium? Why can't she see me?" Mai mumbled and called out again but this time, her hand touch the medium's shoulder.

"Who's there?!" Masako quickly asked as she threw herself at the sleeping Mai, protecting the brunette. Masako's scared but she still went up front and protect her. Mai pursed her lips, touched.

"Mai!" A familiar voice called out and Mai almost cried when she saw Gene walking towards her.

"Mr. Guardian! What's happening?! Why can't see me?" Mai asked as she tried to hold Masako but stopped seeing the scared medium's face.

"It's because you are not in the same wavelength." Gene answered as he held Mai's shoulders. He can also see the energy leaving Mai's body. She needed to contact Naru and show them the way before Urado attacks them.

"Mai. Listen closely. Close your eyes. Imagine that there is a thin thread coming from Hara-san. Breath slowly and focused. "

Mai did what Gene instructed her to do. She calmed herself down and took several deep breaths. She imagined what Gene described. She could not see anything at first but a strange white light surrounded Masako's frame for a moment. A thin thread appeared from behind and before she could even think, she grabbed it.

"Mai? I-Is that you?" Mai snapped her eyes open at the mention of her name. Masako entered her sight the moment she opened her eyes. The medium's tears overflowed when she saw her friend.

"...hik..Mai.. It's my fault. If not for me, you wouldn't have die—"

"Hey! I'm not dead yet!" Mai scolded her friend and smack her but her hand just went through the medium's body.