Chapter 45: The Final Arc (02)

A/N: How are you all doin?! The second part of the final arc is here! I hope you enjoy this chapter. It really really drained up my brain juices that I think my brain is similar a dried sponge now. I updated sooner but I think I'll update the next chapter after a week or so. For now, I'll watch dramas and movies to gain inspiration and ideas. Haha. Comment down your thoughts about this fanfic. I enjoy all of your feedbacks. >_< See you!

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

FINAL ARC: Memoir of the Forgotten Music Box.

-oOo-

Mai was so shocked to see herself playing with two familiar people in her childhood. She now knew why she felt so familiar with Naru the first time they met. She watched little herself play in the garden. The little her wanted to make a flower crown but the flowers wouldn't bend as she wanted to. Mai can see herself getting sad and depressed. And then she grumbled at how hard it was to make but the little her soon became happy.

"Are you okay now?" A little boy came to the little her and patted her shoulders. He looks cold and mature but he is still sweet.

'This is Naru! And the one making a flower crown over there is Mr. Guardian! Oh my gosh! They are so cute!' Mai squealed while watching them.

"Yeah! How did Big Brother Li knew?"

"First you get depressed. Then you get upset. But after that, you start feeling better and start to think positive." Little Naru answered with a faint smile on his lips. The little her applaud at him but the Mai, who is watching widened her eyes in shock.

'That is exactly the words Naru told her!'

"Let's go. Jin will teach you how to make a flower crown."

The happy scene changed as the two of them went to the busy Mr. Guardian. He is also very cute when he was young. She named them 'Jin' and 'Li' when they first came into their house. She was so happy that she get to remember something like this. She didn't understand why she forgot a memory like this but the next scene explains everything she wondered for.

She shivered when she saw the similar walls of the orphanage. She knew what will happen but she refused to accept it. This very place had been engraved in her mind since childhood. It gave her nightmare ever since. It is Christmas. There are lights and Christmas decors hanging all over the place. There are boxes of gifts stacked in a mountain taller than their Christmas tree.

It is the orphanage where Jin and Li lived before. The bad priest and nuns are already gone and was replaced with new kind people. The children were happy as they gather around the Christmas tree, staring at the gifts. They were so excited.

Mai watched as the mini her wander around the orphanage with the twins. They met so many people and the twins also introduced her to their new parents. They are they research lab's head and his wife. They had taken a liking to the twins and tried their best to make the twins accept them— which they did.

"Hi, Mai! I am Luella and this is Martin. We will be Jin and Li's parents from now on."

"Hello! I am Mai! Will you let me visit my Big Brothers later?"

"Of course!"

'So that Luella and Martin, Mother's friends, are Naru and Mr. Guardian's  adoptive parents.'