Chapter 47: The Final Arc (04)

A/N: Hello! How are you all? I hope you're doing alright. Well, how do you like my new character? Hehe. This chapter is longer this time. Please tell me what you think about the chapter in the comment section below. I am very happy reading your feedbacks! I hope you enjoy!

By the way '-jie' is the same as the '-onee-san'. It means 'Older Sister'.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

FINAL ARC: The Memoir of the Forgotten Music Box (04)

-oOo-

JEFFERY

My body couldn't move as I stare at the baby on the other side of the glass. This boy is my baby boy. He's the third of my children. I felt the same feeling I felt when I first saw my twin sons. The babies were beautiful and fragile. They look like they would break with a single touch. The nurse saw me and pushed the baby closer in front of me to see.

Like Anne-jie told me, I tried to find my happiness. My happiness is my twins from my late first wife but I couldn't bring myself to see them personally. I know they hated me and I can't erase that. I had done them great wrong for being a scumbag of father.

But I'll never treat this son of mine like I did in the past. Whether he ends up having any supernatural abilities like my twins, I'll still take care of him and not neglect him like I did in the past. I give love and care that I failed to give to my twin sons.

I got married a year ago. There is this woman who had been sincerely chasing me while I was studying business administration. I just came to Japan to study and didn't know anything about the country except the language. I met Takaya Mayuko, the restaurant owner and the landlady of the apartment I live in. She is the one who guided me and taught me a lot of things. She confessed to me when I was about to graduate. Anne-jie saw her and told me she's a good girl and I have to give her a chance.

Of course, she's a good girl buy I don't know if I deserve someone like her. I failed my first marriage after all. And it's rare for a woman to marry a man who had a first marriage and have no achievements attached to his name. But even after I told her all what happened to me, she still sticks to me and continued to love me like usual. After giving it a chance and agreed to date her, I fell for her and we got married after a year. Anne-jie gave us her blessings and attended our wedding.

Mayuko's parents are very good to me and accepted me for who I am. They're also okay that I have children from my late first wife. I guess Mayuko inherited her kindness and open-minded Ness from her parents. The Davis Couple continued to give me updates on my twins. And they're living well.

My first son is so wild and likes to play with friends while my second son wanted to finish his studies earlier and work. They're quite the opposite for each other but I knew they're dependent on each other. My first son is very similar to me when I was younger. I was playful back when I entered adolescence and my second son acts very much like my first wife. My first wife, Kazuko, is a calm beauty in our village. She don't like to talk much and would just open her mouth when it's necessary.

Their abilities are stable and they lived as normal people. They're accepted in the society that the Davis Couple provided them. Their situation is a thousand more better than the place I previously provided them. It's a pity that I couldn't tell them that I am very sorry. If I had just thrown away the belief that they're offsprings of a witch by having those abilities then I wouldn't have treated them that way. I would have openly love them but those are just excuses. I am just a coward. I am very sorry that I am a coward.