Chapter 28

A/N: Hello! I am back again with a new chapter. How are you? I hope you're doing well during this global crisis. Please always stay safe and take care of yourself and your family.

Oh. Before I forgot to tell you, I discovered a NaruxMai story that I had written five years ago. I forgot its existence until I thoroughly browsed my phone a few weeks ago. Hehe. It is a one shot but I honestly think its good to turn it into a multi-chapter fanfic. The fanfic's title is Ghost Hunt: This Feeling. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I'll wait for your feedback!

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

"You fool! Y-You fool! You—" Ayako stuttered as she poke the cotton on Mai's wounded shoulder. Mai winced time and time again and gave Masako a pitiful glance. However, Masako just avoided her eyes and sighed. Mai's wound extended to her upper arm and it was a bit serious. She saved those students without thinking about her safety so she really deserve it. They are currently inside the base with the boys waiting outside.

"I am an idiot. I know Ayako! But please don't use so much force in disinfecting my wounds!" Mai interrupted her and ran away from Ayako once her wound was bandaged. Of course, the bandaging hurts as much as the disinfecting.

The guys came in after Masako opened the door for them. They saw Mai sitting on the couch with her right hand opening her white laptop. The files that she left in the second floor are placed beside her device. She was about to use both of her hands to type but Bou-san quickly came and gently held her injured arm and shoulder.

"What are you doing? This shoulder and this arm are still injured."

"Okay! My bad!" Mai answered and gently yanked her arm away.

She was so focused on reading the email that was sent by the butler from China. She didn't noticed that she had used her injured arm to reply. Ayako glared at her the second she heard Bou-san's warning. Mai just looked away from Ayako's blazing eyes but she didn't expect to meet the same kind of glare from a pair of blue eyes. Mai shuddered at Naru's menacing aura.

'Wh-what happened? Why is he angry?'

Mai opened her mouth to ask him what's wrong but the youth turn his head away and took his usual seat. Mai didn't give up and was about to speak to him but he avoided her gaze. Seeing her actions, Mai felt a bit hurt and confused. She didn't noticed her hands forming to fists as she stared at her boss. Her eyes and nose are also sour. She don't really get this emotion inside her chest but she really felt sour. The room became tensed and silent for a while. Bou-san, who couldn't watch, decided to break the silence and brought out a new topic.

"Mai, what is written in this folders?"

"Oh. It's an information about this school and Matsuyama-sensei." Yasu answered for the girl. His voice made Mai retrieved her gaze away from her angry boss. She threw the issues of Naru at the back of her mind and rid of her uncomfortable emotions. She picked up the folders that she had gathered with Yasu that morning and gave it to the SPR as reference.

"We tried to trace where the Orikiri-sama originated from and we discovered that this practice come from the students in the Art Club two semesters ago. We also learned that the late freshman, Sakauchi-san, is a member of that club. Of course, this could be nothing of relevance but Mai said that we need to include this information since Sakauchi-san is somehow had a connection to all of this phenomena. Next, we found out why this school was haunted by spirits summoned by Ouija boards compared to other schools who practiced the same." Yasu explained while Mai sat beside him. The SPR are attentively listening to him.