Chapter 06

The next day, Naru borrowed Minnie but Ayami was agitated and scream at him, snatching the doll back. They learned that her father gave it to her and she's acting strange after that.

Mai got up from her seat and was about to open the base's door but...

"Where are you going, young lady?" Takigawa-san asked her as the others turned to them.

"Going to install cameras to the places where Ayami mostly stay. I know they won't be able to leave right now since she keep on holding onto that doll." Mai said as she get a bags of cameras.

Mai secretly installed cameras and wait for the results. Takigawa-san came and rub her hair, praising her.

"You're overworking yourself, young lady." Takigawa-san said and smiled at her.

"Huh? No, I work this way." Mai answered at him confused.

"Well, you're overdoing it." Ayako seconded and gave her a snack.

"Okay. Thanks guys. I'm just worried of Ayami. I'm having a bad feeling about this house and that doll of hers." Mai said to them.

"But even so. You need to take care of yourself. From the look on your face, you didn't sleep well last night." -Ayako

"Yeah, you'll gonna turn into an old hag someday, like someone I know." Takigawa-san said in a meaningful way and sneak a peek at Ayako but she noticed it and slam her bag in his head.

Evening came and everyone gathered in the base. Naru put the doll on Ayami's room and monitor it.

"That is the doll? To be honest, it's so spooky looking. I'm surprise the little one didn't react this time." Takigawa-san said as he look at the monitor.

"I borrowed it after she slept. Dolls are originally made to contain spirits. They were shallow inside so spirits could posses them easily."

While Naru is explaining, Mai noticed that Minnie who is sitting a while ago is now lying on the bed. So she immediately called for the other's attention and watch the monitor intensely. Later, the doll slowly moved like someone is dragging it and a moment after, it's head fell off and rolled.

"This is impossible!" Takigawa-san said and run towards Ayami's room. Lin checked the footage and found nothing. Takigawa-san return and said that Minnie's head didn't fell off and it was just sitting there. It's was like what they saw is just an imagination. Naru said that this kind of things don't usually happen since spirits and machines don't mix.

***

The next morning, Ayami asked for her doll and although they were reluctant to give it, Ayami snatched it back again. Mai was walking the hallway when she passed by the playroom hearing voice of a child and Ayami conversing.

"This house is full of bad witches! But don't worry, I will take care of them."

"Aunt Noriko and Mai-chan too?"

"Of course!"

Mai slowly walk away from the room first and called Takigawa-san to open her laptop and check the Camera 07 that she installed in the playroom. The adult was about to ask about it but she hang up and went back to the room's door and listen to the conversation.

"But I want to keep them, Minnie."

"Nonono!! They work for the witch! They can't be kept! It's okay, I will get rid of them. "

"Uh.."

***Base

Takigawa-san look at the phone and sighed. He opened the white laptop and opened the Camera 07, witnessing Ayami talking to the doll in front of her. There are also a strange voice that can be heard in the background. The noises coming from Mai's white laptop caught others' attention so they watch togather as the children's voices converse.

***

"But in return, you need to do what I tell you."

"What is it?"

"Don't make friends with your Aunt Noriko and that little witch Mai! I always tell you this, why can't you do it?!"

"But they seems so kind."

A force hit Ayami's arm and she scream causing Mai to open the door.

"Ayami-chan?! Are you hurt?!" Mai asked worriedly as she look at the bruised arm of Ayami.

"Onee-chan." Ayami said as the pain is visible in her voice but her face suddenly went blank and aggressively pulled her arm from Mai's hands.

Mai narrowed her eyes as she look at the doll beside her but her eyes widened as she saw children staring at her. Her reflex suddenly moved her body and pulled Ayami close to her. The temperature is slowly decreasing and although the others the people at the base can't see the spirits on the monitor, they hurriedly run towards them.

Mai feel bad about this so she secretly began to chant quietly and form a Barrier for protection. Later Takigawa-san and Ayako came to exorcise the spirits but they went away.

Mai hugged the shaking Ayami in her arms and went to the base. Noriko-san and Kana-san also came worriedly to the base.

"What happened?! I thought you're gonna prevent this from happening?!" Kana-san said with anger as she look at the child with pity.

Mai and Naru walk towards Ayami. The other one just stood there and fold his arms while the other one kneeled and hold Ayami's hand.

"Ayami-chan, tell me, what's going on? Did Minnie caused all of this? When did she start talking?" Mai gently asked her but the small one just shake her head in fear.

"Ayami-chan, please tell me. You are hurt and I'm sure Minnie did this to punish you. We are all in danger, Ayami if she keep on doing this. Is that what you wanted? Please, Ayami. Tell onee-chan what happened when you got a hold of that doll."

Mai squeeze Ayami's hand gently and smiled at her. Ayami saw her genuine smile and hugged her as she cried.

"I'm sorry, onee-chan! I'm sorry! Minnie told me not to talk to anyone so I can't tell you! She'll hurt me!"

Kana-san and Noriko-san teared up as they look at the child. They don't know that a spirit is manipulating the child and blame themselves for not preventing this.

"When did she started talking?"

"Since we move into the house."

"What did she say in the beginning?"

"She said my mommy is a witch and my daddy is her servant. They'll gonna kill me. She said my Aunt Noriko is on their side too. If I forget and play with my Aunt Noriko, she will get mad and hide my things or make my room messy. That is my punishment!"

"Okay.. Ayami-chan calm down.. Tell me, the children I saw in the room. Did Minnie called them?"

"Yes. She said they are all her servants."