Chapter 37

A/N: Hello! How are you? I hope you all are doing well! Please enjoy this chapter!

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

".... Yes. Their name is Luella and Martin. Mom said that they her friends."

"Did you get more information of them from the late Madame? Like surnames, hair colour, race or anything?"

"None. I just heard their name. But before digging some information about them, I want you to find the person that my mom had been sponsoring. His name is Jeff— I don't know his surname nor if this is his full name. He's Asian but he had a golden blonde hair and dark blue eyes. He finished business class and he was much younger than mom. I don't know his current age but I think he's about 30 to 36 years old this time."

"Okay. I got it, Miss. Including the information about the black jade and the lake, I will be able to hand you the results a week later."

"Thank you, butler."

Mai hung up the call after thanking the butler that's currently residing in her secret residence in China. She had been thinking of that dream since yesterday. She don't know anything about the man but she feels like there is a connection between the black jade and that man because he's a bit close to her mom. They even mentioned her father. Mai was about to thrust her phone inside her pocket when she saw the wallpaper. It was the picture of her and Naru. She hasn't changed it since that time. Even though she's awkward after his confession, Mai didn't have the courage to change her wallpaper. It just doesn't feel right.

Ever since the encounter with Gene three days ago, Naru never visited again. Eugene also didn't contact her since that day. Mai thought she was fired but yesterday, when she was finally discharged from the hospital, Lin called and invited her to the office. He said there is a case that Naru just accepted. And today, she was on her way to the SPR office together with her bag. Mai hope it will not be so awkward for her while facing Naru.

Yasu was invited by Naru too. Apparently, Naru doesn't want to be in a spotlight as the SPR's boss because the client had invited other investigators beside them. Adding to his identity, it's not good for him to appear as the manager of a firm so he got Yasu to act as his stand-in. The case is also confidential since the client is a big shot. They didn't want the media to catch this information since it's related to the Prime minister.

"Hello." Mai said after stopping in front of the van. She looked around and saw a new face inside the office.Mai smiled at her but she suddenly got frozen after registering that familiar face inside her mind.

'That face.... Don't tell me she's.....'

"Mai! We're about to start!" Bou-san said. He was very excited to solve this case. Naru didn't even look at her when she arrived. He didn't even scolded her for being late for three minutes. Mai pursed her lips and tried to remain calm, not showing sadness on her face.

"Now that everyone's here, let us go. No need to wait for Hara-san since she already went ahead of us." Naru spoke and walked towards the SPR van. Lin also nodded and shut the back door after putting all of the equipment. Mai was about to get inside Bou-san's car when a hand grabbed her arm and pull her towards the SPR van.

"Hello! I'm Mori Madoka. I'm Naru's master. You must be Taniyama Mai, right?! I have heard a lot of things about you from Lin! Care to share a ride with me?" The pink haired gorgeous lady beamed at her and before Mai could get the chance to answer, she was pushed inside the van.