Chapter 04

***

"I knew it! I knew it! It's not haunted!!" Mai exclaimed as she look at the results of their investigation.

"You already knew from the beginning that the building is not haunted?" Naru asked as he printed out the reports.

"I have a feeling!" Mai answered happily.

"First, about how Matsuzaki-san was locked, I already know that it's a prank. I also knew that Kuruda-san did it." He added.

"Oh? How?" Naru asked probing answers from his temporary assistant.

"Humph! Don't act dumb. You know a nail was stuck in the doorsill preventing the door to open."

"Oh? How do you know I knew it?"

"I saw you holding a nail after the incident? That gave me a clue of what is going on."

Naru was truly impressed by Mai's intelligence though he knew he is smarter than her. He really didn't made a mistake hiring her.

"About Kuruda-san being 'attacked', I don't know it at the beginning but I realized that she might have erased the footage since she arrived there before all of us. She has plenty of time erasing the video."

Naru smirked as he watch his assistant smugly present her sentence. He knew that Mai is clever but he doesn't expect that she was this clever. But not clever enough to reach him.

"I'm impressed."

"Humph! Thanks for the compliment but I knew deep inside you're thinking that I'm not enough compare to you. From the first glance I knew you were this narcissistic."

"Humph.."

"It's already 10pm. Are you hungry?" Mai asked as she was looking at her watch. She knew Naru would reject if she propose an invitation so she drop the idea but....

"Groooowwwllll..."

O_________O...

Mai hear two large growls from two stomachs. Mai just giggle and pull Naru out of the van. Seems like Mai and Naru are hungry .

"Let's have dinner. My treat." Mai said as they walk towards a 24/7 restaurant..

***

John, Matsuzaki-san and Takigawa-san's lips twitch as they look at the sleeping teenagers. The male one is sleeping while sitting as the female one is lying opposite to him. They were both covered with blankets but they can see that they are cold since the van's door is opened. Masako came and saw the scene. There was a tinge of bitterness when she saw it and felt so sad. Her face was tranquil as usual but there's a flaw in her face because of her current emotions.

"Hey! You're gonna catch a cold sleeping here!"

The male one woke up first and run his fingers on his hair making him look so handsome who jus woke up. The girl woke up next and slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes was a little bit red due to sleepiness but she still rose up and lazily rub her eyes.

"Aw. So cute." Takigawa-san said as he bring out his phone and took a picture of the two. He only stopped and put his phone in his secured pocket when the two glared at him.

"Tsk. Youngsters." Matsuzaki-san

Papers are stacked between the two teen-agers' laptops. The two sleepyheads smirked at the sight of their work.

"The case is solved." The two said in the same time. The other one said it in a cold voice while the other one said it in a sing song voice. The others wrinkled their brows as Kuruda-san came and heard it.