Chapter 33

A/N: Hello! How are you today?! You have to be in a great mood today because this is the first part of the date! In this chapter, you will meet new characters and will know why Mai suddenly asked him for a date! Do you also remember Mu Lin Yuan mentioning something about ex-fiance?  If you had guessed my plot from some clues I left from the previous chapters, then congratulations to you!

By the way, this is a bonus chapter since it's Father's Day! Hehe. I hope you enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

The first time they met, Naru had taken an interest on a girl named Mai. He was amazed by how resistant he was from his looks unlike the others she's has been with. He thought they'll not meet again but he saw her the next day when she injured his assistant. Her head was bleeding but she acted nonchalant about it like she was just scratched. Naru was about to check her after he asked if she's okay but Mai immediately went away with her bleeding head.

They worked together after that event and Naru had to admit, he enjoyed working with her. She's a bit smart too. When he was annoyed, one glance at her and his irritation would suddenly disappear. Naru never understood what Mai really meant to him but he's happy that Mai accepted the job he offered.

The life in the office improved a lot after Mai worked for him. Her tea tasted much better than Lin's and the office is always clean and in order. But it became loud with those shameless rabbles that regularly visits. After the case on the old schoolhouse, Mai and the others became close and meet up every Saturday in his office. Naru would always kick them out but they never learned their lesson and keeps ignoring Naru's words.

Mai is fun to tease. Especially when Naru picks on her brain. For Naru, Mai's really clever but not on his level so anyone who's not in his lever, he considered them fools. Naru loved how Mai's cheeks would angrily bulge but would always give him his tea nice and warm. Naru enjoyed these little episodes more than anyone one thinks.

He felt a bit annoyed when Lin showed him the footage of Mai setting a barrier to protect Ayami and also her drawing in Yuasa Highschool. But it doesn't mean he hates her for keeping a secret. In fact, he understands. He just felt annoyed by it since he wants to know everything about the girl. He didn't know the reason why he's feeling like this but he just do.

His heart would always be unease whenever she's in danger. He wouldn't sit still as she watch her sleeps with wounds or bruises. So when he saw Mai falling to the manhole, he tightened his grip on her hands and used his PK to remove the rocks below them. He knew the consequences of using his powers but if Mai was hurt again, then he would regret it more.

She was beautiful. Her smile and everything about her is pretty. It's really pleasant for Naru to watch her every single move. It's adorable. And he's even more mesmerized when he saw her wearing a traditional Chinese dress. She looks heroic in it but she's beautiful. That is why he didn't wake her up when she's sleeping on a tree beside that lake. Naru watched her sleep as he waited for him to wake up. And he ecstatic when she said she was glad they're friends.

Naru was even more happy when she forced him to treat her dinner after the Yuasa Case. But he's a bit dissatisfied when the others tagged along. When they pretended to be a couple in one ridiculous case, he was happy she picked him as her partner and did not leave him to Masako. That girl annoyed him a bit because she always blackmailed him. But all that irritation vanished when he noticed that they used the same cup. It was so childish and foolish that Naru wants to slap his face to wake him up but it was really how he felt that day.  When she hugged him to lure out the ghost, his heart stopped beating for a while before beating frantically.