Chapter 17

"Mai.... Mai! Mai, wake up!"

Mr. Guardian's gentle but worried voice entered Mai's ears, waking her up. Mr. Guardian's voice was soft but there is a trace of panic in it. Mai sit up and look around her. She is in her astral plane. She was knocked off by Lin when she is starting to lose control of her emotions. Although, Mai was thankful that the Chinese man calmed her down but his head chop was painful!

"Naru! Mr. Guardian, how is Naru?! Is he alright?!" Mai asked grabbing Mr. Guardian's sleeves when she remembered her young boss.

"Mai. Naru's alright. He is just a bit.... unstable." Mr. Guardian answered with a sigh, worried just like Mai.

Mai didn't know what happened to Naru but her heart cannot calm down seeing Naru collapse. It was just like what she felt moments before her parents die. The feeling like she would never see Naru again.

That suffocating feeling.

"Wh-what happened to him? I-I felt his pulse and his heartbeats are very slow than normal. It was almost close for the heart to stop!!" Mai said recalling how Lin had to call the ambulance and carry Naru towards the exit after resuscitating him.

"He...... He used too much power. His body cannot handle the force he used that it result to this." Mr. Guardian replied after some hesitation.

"Used too much power? You mean his PK?" Mai asked.

Mr. Guardian didn't expect Mai to know about Naru's PK and stared at the girl with astonishment.

"Yes. Unfortunately his PK is very fatal to his body especially when he overused it. There will a possibility that he may die from overusing." Mr. Guardian answered making Mai shudder.

"Wh-what? T-then.. he-----" Mai stuttered as her emotions start to turmoil.

"Mai. He is okay now. Calm down first. He just need time to rest for now. It is alright." Mr. Guardian said while patting Mai's back to calm her down.

" You said that he can die by overusing his PK. Is there a solution for this? I don't care if they are just a possibilities but I'm still worried about him!" Mai asked the moment she start thinking straight.

"Uhm... I don't know if this is a solution but...." The young man said, still hesitant in telling Mai something but seeing the hope and determination in Mai's eyes, he compromised.

"We need a medium that can purify and amplify Naru's energy and can sent it back to him for use." He finally said.

"Amplify? But wouldn't it more dangerous to Naru if it became more powerful?"

"No. The energy that came from Naru is harmful to his body if in use so he needs a medium to separate the good energy and the bad energy from his PK. Purifying it by vanishing the harmful energy from Naru's PK and adding one of his/her energy to his good PK. Without the harmful energy and the united energy of Naru and that medium, the energy formed will amplify and is ready for use. And that is not harming Naru's body after using PK. But this is not a solid solution. It is still my theory." Mr. Guardian explained.

"But how can we find such medium? Is Masako alright for this?" Mai asked.

"No. I checked Masako's mentality, psychic abilities and physical body. She is not compatible with Naru. That medium has to be, at least, in the same wavelength as Naru and is compatible in forming a telepathic bond with him."

"Tsk. Naru is so SPECIAL in everything especially in the Narcissistic Department. No wonder we can't find a compatible medium for him!" Mai said not forgetting to insult Naru's narcissistic behaviour making Mr. Guardian smile helplessly.