King Eden - by - RowanCarver

Review done by HAPPINESS_IS_YOU_

[Please remember that the whole review is from the reviewer's, which is me, point of view. Different people have different likes so the opinions may vary. Please remember this as you read the review.]

COVER (8.4/10)

The cover looks really complicated and confusing to me. I can't understand what is shown in it. If it's an eye or a cave but then it looks like a flower too. And that confusion brings the attention you want to your book so that's a plus.
The title of the story and your name looks a bit pale in comparison to the cover. You can use a bit of font to make it look more appealing. There are a variety of different fonts so I am sure you would find something you like.
I would only advise changing the font and maybe the color of the text on the cover.

TITLE (9.3/10)

The title is pretty common... You can see there is a lot of titles where 'King', 'Lord', 'Alpha', 'Master' and sons as the title with a name following it behind.
But common doesn't mean that it's not good. Imagine my surprise at reading that the King is actually a female so there goes some bonus points to you for surprising me.

DESCRIPTION/BLURB (9.8/10)

Really very good. The more information and hard words in a fantasy book, the better, and your description perfectly fits along with those necessary parts.
There was a lot of information and hard words and confusion.
And adding a warning in the description is a good thing too.

PLOT (8.9/10)

The plot is good. I have read the whole ISSUE 1: COLOSSUS and it was good.
A lot of violence and blood and gore but the original plotline is unique and refreshing.
Why is Eden called King is explained too and what happened to Earth is written in a very descriptive way?
There were some confusing parts too like what does the Minister [Is he of Mars?] wants to do with Eden? Well not exactly that since we know that he wants to kill her. I should ask why? Why does the Minister want to do want we try to do again and again?
We see that whenever a fight happens, Eden always wins and it actually gets a bit boring even with its unique plot.
I would advise you to make Eden lose some fights too. Let her make some mistakes and accept the consequences.

FLOW OF THE STORY (7.3/10)

It was weird.
Some chapters were below 2k, some above 2k, and some above 2.5k too.
I would advise you to try to maintain a limit or words. A few above or below it won't hurt but don't go too far.

CHARACTERS DEVELOPMENT (6.7/10)

Sadly I didn't exactly saw much character development for Eden. There was a lot of development for Eli but close to none for Eden.
Eden was the same old version of her till the end of ISSUE 1. Maybe a bit more bloodthirsty but nothing else but since I haven't read the whole book, I don't know if there is any character development or not and that's why I can't advise you.

WRITING STYLE (9.2/10)

The writing style is fabulous, there is no doubt about it. I didn't even saw many grammatical or punctuation mistakes and those which could be seen were okayish... Since no one is perfect so I can ignore it.
The parts where blood, violence, gore, and death were mentioned, I think you described them more than that was necessary and after reading your author's note I saw that you realize it too so let's not advise you anything.
And yes, some parts were really epic.

GENRE RELEVANCE & TAGS USED (10/10)

A lot of tags were used which is good as it helps readers to find your book more easily.
I just didn't understand one thing, what does 'shonen' means? Is it an English word or something you made up?

READER'S ENJOYMENT (9.5/10)

Well, it's very rare when you see more comments than reads a book has...
Those who commented on your book were really good commenters. There was a comment which made me laugh a lot.. 'Uff, I could feel how difficult it is to get up. Great job!' It was written by MarieLotte and it really made me laugh like a crazy person.
Most of the comments said that the author is so descriptive, nice job, and all encouraging words and praises.
I actually saw a few of them giving advice here and there so bonus points for that.
I would just advise you to sometimes get into a conversation. Reply to those who commented and thank those who enjoyed it. If not all then at least some.

REVIEWERS PERSONAL LIKING (6/10)

Personally, I don't exactly like Science Fictions (SciFi) but this one was really good.
The gore, blood, violence, and death were too much for me, and that not your fault since this is not my favorite genre yet I decided to read it.
If I was a lover of this genre then this would be a dream come true book.
Filled with bloody red sauce, organ-shaped macaroni, and a death-filled smell, greetings your special item on our menu, The Overall!

OVERALL (85.1/100)

If you are a lover of SciFi books with anti-heroes, a unique plot, retrofuturistic, post-apocalyptic, dystopian, anime adult fiction, then this amazing book is your dream come true!